New PLC Simulator

rta53 said:
It can be the same. Just register for it. What's the big deal?

i'm not that lazy typist. the big deal is that someone else can go in and register as me before i get chance to it. is it big deal to simply import existing user accounts?

What we need here is a "Register Simulator". This way we can try various user names until we are satisfied. After we simulate our user names, then we can use real user names to register for the PLC simulator.

(Seriously, is it really all that tough to re-register using a new name/password if needed?)

I don't get it...

No, it isn't......perhaps instead of bickering about the logon process, perhaps we should provide positive or negative SIMULATOR feedback? Phil's probably chomping at the bit wondering what he needs to fix! He's put in a lot of hours, let's give him the valuable feedback he deserves.

Greg

Ok, maybe it is me, but I can not get the TON to work. Regular logic rungs, yes, but even after watching the timer demo, I can not get the darn thing to work like the demo. What am I doing wrong? I know it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks, but come on, even I can figure out what is supposed to be done. But, Phil, I like the little bugger. It is neat and should be a good teaching tool for the site. Well done my friend!

At first a timer wouldnt work for me either, but then it did start working after a minute. I think it just takes some patience. Its probably seeing a bit of bandwidth usasge at the moment.

Randy,

At first I couldn't get the timer to function either, I first wrote a simple flip flop program, and then added a timer to perform the flip-flop every 2 seconds, the timer done bit never worked.

So....
I started a new file, then re-did everything from before and it worked. Maybe if I saved the program and then re-opened it it would have been okay.

It appears that edits do not work exactly correct.
Might be a bug, might be by design, only Phil can answer that one.

All in all, I like it, but as the case is with any new program, it's going to take me a while to pick up the little gotcha's.
It would probably help if I read the instructions first. ;)

OK so I am playing around and I can't get the rungs to scan the sam input more than once?
Rung 2 Energizes when the timer T1 is done, but Rung three doesn't Turn on T2?
I even tried usin Output 1 as the input, but that didn't work either.
T1AsInput.jpg

Gbradley,
I attached the file to this post. It works ok.

Seems the one you posted had a '?' in it in the last timer. So, it went unrecognized. Try the attached for verification.

(Yes, zipping's a headache. I'll add the .plc extension to the forum. :oops: )

Let me know if any further bugs found.

Enjoy,

Thanks for the feedback...

Hi Folks,
Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate all comments. No such thing as 'complaints'... I take them all as suggestions for improvement and will address each one in a few minutes.

Keep them coming!

Enjoy,

timers

There seem to be some timer questions.

The timer should work fine... just make sure to hit the enter button after entering EACH of the 4 required items. Repeat, make sure to hit the enter button after entering EACH of the 4 required items. If you miss 'one enter' it doesn't understand what you entered and then it's chaos from there.

The time base is supposed to be in ms(ie. milliseconds, 1/1000 of a second)So, 1 in 'time base' means each tick is 1ms. 100 in time base(recommended but not required value...) means each 'tick of the timer' is 100ms. Reality is, the time will vary from computer to computer... but it should be close.

The rest is probably obvious but just in case...
---
Next, the 'timer' should be whichever timer you'd like to use. There are 16 of them, from T/0 through T/15.

The 'preset' is how many ticks of the 'time base'you want to count before the time expires.

The 'accum' is accumulated time and should be set at 0 (zero). When the accum equals the preset the timer contacts close.
---

Again, MAKE SURE TO PRESS THE ENTER KEY after entering each of the above.

Let me know if any further timer issues.
Enjoy,

Registration

Regarding registration... there is no link to the forum username part of the database. Just like the downloads section and our email updates there is no link to here. They are each a seperate entity.

Should they be connected? Yep. Are they? Nope. Why not? Many reasons, but really just excuses. Will they ever be? Yep. When? Hopefully someday soon.

Why is registration required there?
It's there so that you could have your own part of the server to save your simulator files to. If we combined everyones files in one location it would be a headache for you to find your files... and someone else could work with them.

Why is your email required there?
In case you forget your password the system will email it to you. If there were no email and the password were just displayed... then anyone could see your password.
Rest assured we have no interest in emailing you from there. Use a hotmail(or whatever throw-away free email account you want) account if you're worried.

Enjoy,