Test run SLC5/05 for WonderWare app

Christoph

I have a program that I have modified (extremely).(SLC5/05)
I need to test run in the programming lab so that we can
test the New WonderWare app. I know I need to change the I/O
configuration to match what is in the test rack. But when
I compile before down loading it sees all the unasigned
I/O in the ladder files and will not allow me to download.
Is there a way around this without having to hack my program
all to Heck?

If your test rack is just going to consist of CPU, Power Supply and no I/O modules, go to the Processor Status file in your program's project tree. Click on the I/O tab and set all of the I/O Slot Enables from ones to zeros. You can then download the existing program into the CPU w/o compiler errors or CPU faults.

I tried that but when you go to test mode it faults out still.
In the status file it says because of the I/O configuration.
A-B tech support says the rack has to be the same size.
So I think I'm hosed.

It may be too late, but here is what I do. All of my I/O is handled in two routines. One for analog and one for digital. For testing on the bench, I cut those routines out and save them in another file. For the digital I/O I add in the ability to simulate. This allows me to go online in run mode to test the graphics and program function.

The SLC-500 is tremendously jealous of it's I/O integrity, which is why there is so much focus on rack size and I/O matching and I/O status in the operating system. From a control systems design philosophy, that makes sense to me because most small machines can't ignore any of their input points and keep running safely.

I keep a 13-slot SLC chassis for exactly this kind of circumstance, because I can always change the rack size to the biggest (unless it's a very large system with multiple chassis) and disable the I/O module entries, and still be able to download.

Why can't I change the rack size offline to the smaller size rack
and then download it? Back in the PLC2/30 days this was not an
issue ;)

That would make too much sense. I have a 4-slot for testing. The last thing I do is resize the rack and add the I/O in the program.

I did a similar thing (only three cards remaining in the local rack vs. 260+ I/O in the live version). I got around the I/O issue by using SEARCH & REPLACE to move the unused I/O addresses to created-for-the-purpose binary files, taking the documentation along. After this, the SLC and RSLogix were happy with the I/O config. Maybe something like this could work.

Change all I/o adderess with Internal register that is I:0.0 to N7:0 O:0.0 to N10:0

once you completed your testing with the test rack Mov the input value to Internall register By using MOV or Cop Inst that MOV source A I:0.0 source B N7:0 for output wiseversa

Make sure Inputs should me moved at the Starting of Scan & outputs at the end of Scan

If your test rack is just going to consist of CPU, Power Supply and no I/O modules, go to the Processor Status file in your program's project tree. Click on the I/O tab and set all of the I/O Slot Enables from ones to zeros. You can then download the existing program into the CPU w/o compiler errors or CPU faults.

Thanks a lot..It worked..