SFB4 in FB

Werner

Hi there,

I am trying to use the SFB4 block inside an FB. If I use it ouside an FB it is working. Inside the FB it doesn't work.

What I did was:

stat of type SFB 4

Then call SFB4 and supply parameters.

I see the timer running but the timer does not respond to the IN parameter. Also the output doesn't switch. I am using the simulater v5.2 to test this.

Any ideas?

The same call outside the FB (with seperate DB) works?!

Yes it does !!!

Unfortunately there is a know fault with PLCSIM and IEC timers - if you care to post an email address , I will mail you the fix - it is too big to attach . Unfortunately this is not widely publised on the Siemens website .

10BaseT,

Thanks for the email. Unfortunatelly I have PLCSim ver 5.2. The hotfix you send me is for PLCsim ver 5.3. I get an message that I cannot install this software over the existing 5.2 version. I think I will need a key for the 5.3 version?

Anyway thanks for the effort!

OK Sorry ! I couldn't recall if it would work , I will pm you with a mail address with someone at Siemens who can help -

Hot Fix for PLCSim

10BaseT, is this HotFix included in the SP1 ?
I have PlcSim v5.3 whit SP1 and have problems with SFB4s inside FBs.
I'm new in this forum. How can I send my e-mail address privately ?

Regards
Ivan

MTA said:
10BaseT, is this HotFix included in the SP1 ?
I have PlcSim v5.3 whit SP1 and have problems with SFB4s inside FBs.
I'm new in this forum. How can I send my e-mail address privately ?

Regards
Ivan

I still have the same problems. (Also plcsim v5.3 SP1) But I also found out that on my 317F-2DP in real life the software is not working. So it seems there is more going on then just a plc-sim problem.

Sorry to resurrect an older thread, but I have a very similar problem.

1. I have an FB which contains several IEC on-timers (SFB4).
2. When I try to simulate this block, the on-timers immediately complete, i.e. the input is shorted to the output
3. I have PLCSIM 5.3 with SP1 and Simatic 5.4 with SP1
3. As a cross-check, SFB5 (off-delay timer) works fine when treated the same way in the same block

Any ideas? I'm getting a bit worried abou this and would appreciate any help!

Last edited: