Logix 5000 bug

mattw

Has anyone had issues trying to print from RSLogix5000? If I do anything involving printing, like clicking on page set-up, the program crashes.

I get a message saying:

An Access violation exception was generated

Error 0xc0000005 (-1073741819)

Then I get a box telling me there is an error file under C:\\Documents&Settings\etc. I look there but there is no such folder as the message says.

I did a search on the error code on the Rockwell KB but most of the messages were about an RSview issue. One of my co-workers said he had the issue a year ago but can’t remember how he resolved it. He said he got a fix from a PLC chat board. It involved resetting some printer settings but he can’t remember what it was.

I searched for this issue here and on MrPLC but I haven’t found the fix.

I tried RA tech support but (typically) they say they can’t help me over the phone with our level of tech support. I tried the web support but am getting nowhere. I guess having the software function as it ought to is one of those “value added” services the AB rep talked about.

I have to modify a fairly large program and want to be able to mark up a hard copy of the relevant sections. I function better on paper.

Thanks in advance if anyone knows how to fix this.

That doesn't typically indicate a RS problem. Usually that fault indicates one of the following:
  • Over stressed hardware, usually by heat.
  • Flaky, or bad device drivers.
Google the error message and you'll see lotsa info. Almost everything I'm seeing seem to lead back to a problem with SETI -- have you ever installed that on your computer??