address

Go to the hardware configuration, double click the CPU and change the MPI address. Dont forget to download afterwards.

Kind regards,

You'll have to change the MPI address on one of the CPUs before you can connect them togher.

Leave one processor with address MPI=2.

Connect to the other processor, go to the hardware configuration for this processor and configure its MPI node address as something different than 2.
To do this, double-click the processors row. A window should open with a bunch of tabs at the top. Select the General tab. There will be a little window that says "Interface". It should list the type (MPI) as well as the address (2). Click the Properties button. On the window that opens select the new address, then close the windows.

Download the hardware configuration to the processor. It will display a window that shows it can connect to a processor with MPI address of 2 (the current address of the one you are connected to). Connect to this processor and download. After you have downloaded to it, it will now have the new MPI address.

Now connect the two processor's together.

tim2 said:
Leave one processor with address MPI=2.
Now this is one advice I would never give. It is OK to leave the MPI address at 2 if you're using a stand-alone PLC. But if you're using networked PLCs, it's better to change every MPI address to something else. That way it's easier to add additional PLCs to the network. Everytime you add a new PLC to the network, you only have to search for the PLC with MPI address 2 and go change that. Once that is done it's easy to add yet another PLC. Otherwise you have to change the MPI address of the PLC with address 2, add the new PLC and do that ones hardware configuration. I find it easier to do the hardware configuration and change the MPI address all at once. You're not so bound to forget certain settings that way.

Kind regards,