PID Problem

jingo

good day everyone,

do anybody knows where i can download a freeware PID SIMULATOR,cause i think this could make my work faster.
thanks in advance....

:confused:
jingo

You should specify what the PID is controlling because it makes a difference

good day everyone,

do anybody knows where i can download a freeware PID SIMULATOR,cause i think this could make my work faster.
thanks in advance....

:confused:
jingo

A PID controlling a servo position is different from controlling a velocity, which is different from controlling a fluid level in a tank which is different from controlling a temperature system and even these broad categories have differences.

Here is one for controlling a position
http://www.deltamotion.com/peter/xls/T1P1 PID NG.xls
Some of you may remember I had a bunch of these a few years back. If you remember the goal was to minimize the sum of square errors. I made these spreadsheet to show that different types of systems are tuned differently and that one should not listen to those giving advice about tuning your system unless they understand your system. Likewise, when asking for help on tuning a PID one needs to provide as much pertinent information as possible so others can help. Otherwise they are guessing and that make both parties look bad.

For example, look at this thread on another forum
http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=18595
There are many different methods of tuning PIDs but even within the same method there are significant differences depending on the system being controlled.

I believe Pandiani has posted a FOPDT simulator for the S7.
The Download section still has my Hotrod.zip which as simulator for a SLC500 that approximated Ron Beaufort's hotrod test systems.