myth or truth

josestasiw

1) is possible to manufacture 1747-CP13 cable with a simple cable category 5. if it is possible.. what the configuration of the pins

I think, the manual configuration is not correct for a simple cable CAT 5, I can not connect to PLCs, I tried to do one by myself but i had no success.maybe, it has a special pinout for CAT5????????? :unsure:

What are you wanting to do? What PLC are you trying to connect with and how do you intend to do it?

Be careful -- unless you're trying to communicate with a SLC5/05 your PLC does NOT have an ethernet port!!! That might look like an RJ45, but it is NOT!!

The answer to Ozee's question is very important - don't dismiss it.

Not only is the port on a SLC5/03 NOT an ethernet port, voltages on that port will damage any ethernet device you plug into it.

Lets hope that you have not already tried to connect a laptop Ethernet port to a SLC5/03 DH-485 port. If you have you may be buying a new laptop, as one unfortunate board member has apparently discovered the hard way. Never ever assume the purpose of a port based on its appearance.

Please tell us what PLC model number you are using before you go any farther.

Last edited:
i knew what you said, but i want to know, if it is possible to make a 1747-c13 cable, but with a simple CAT 5 cable. maybe it is possible but with another pinout configuration...do you know about that?

Then read the document that Mickey sent. It has the pinout and says it's a straight-through cable. There is no other information needed.

Good luck...