Problem

no plc? that's the way i see it...
maybe we should help poor souls comming here just to
post one question. how about homework section (sticky) with
solutions to common homework questions (flip-flop, timers,
plc forms, traffic light program, etc.)?

Very Tricky there, panic mode!!

I enjoyed the poser. Not going to ruin the fun for others, though.

As for students and learning, I must agree with the position that copying is not learning. Problem solving skills are the basis for what we do, and those skills need to be honed by going through the steps.

Some people go to school and get a degree, which is a benefit to them. Others go to school and get an education, which is a benefit to everyone who ends up working with them later! :)

please don't misunderstand me, but i don't think it is stupid to learn by watching other people do, and trying to understand why they do so. I believe this forum is a good example of it.

I'm not against helping...

Polle,
Please don't mis-understand me either, I'm not against helping someone. Maybe a little more background information would be useful to determine how the answers will be used. As long as "learning" is not bypassed... If learning is the objective, then it will probably involve some brain busting. But OH! the feeling of accomplishment when a problem is solved! beerchug
Answers that are hard fought for are not soon forgotten.

CB

I got one Push button, one light.
A good example to go examine are those kiddy table-top night lights, or I think it's called a push-light.
I'm pretty fasinated by it some time ago...it's fun and interesting to get these little kiddy stuff and dismantle them and find out how they work.

regards
Sherine T.

push.jpg

Panic Mode...

Panic Mode,

Where does this 'hole' come from?

Maths is not a strong point of mine and I cannot find the answer anywhere, but I am losing sleep over this!!!

I am one of those that believes students should not be asking for the solutions to their problems here (or anywhere else on the internet). It actually makes my blood boil to know that we have people out there that could be responsible for the SAFE operation of a machine and for possibly my LIFE that are too lazy to try to do their own work. With many companies having fewer and fewer people doing more and more, cheating your way through life will be of no help. If you can't figure some of these problems out (some of these guys put NO effort in it at all) get out of this field and go do something else. This program was sent on a machine just like it is. It was obviously copied from a similar machine and modified to meet the new specs. Yes, timers just activate timers activating timers all without comments. I will get off my soapbox now, it's not OSHA approved and I don't have a harness on anyway.

timers2.jpeg

cbohn,

are you teling me that this is not a mathematical problem but just an illusion?

Confused,

Of course it's an illusion, but you convince yourself by using math. Do you remember how to calculate angles from elementary trigonometry? Calculate the tangents of the angles in the two small triangles and the larger triangle made up the assembled pieces.

Draw the puzzle.

Next: Overlay them

Find the area of the new hole.

The drawing was supposed to be here????
I did something wrong.

Last edited: