Csv file

mrkintaro

Hi,
Is it possible to read data from csv file and put the data in a table inside a page.
What that I need is if I change the csv with another application immediatly the table must be able to read the updated csv file.
Thank.

What is generating the csv file?

What is reading the csv file?

Brand, model, software, communication network??????

Need more info.

The file is generated by another software for the access monitoring of room. Wincc Explorer is the software thet need to read the csv file. The file is on the same pc of Wincc.

Ok, so you are saying:

"I want WinCC to monitor the .csv file for any change. When a change happens, perform an action." (action not defined yet)

Is that correct?

Unfortunately, I am not great with WinCC, but many people here are.

More or less,
I have a *.csv file where are stored any data, this file is modified from another application.
In Wincc I want something that be able to show what i have inside the file csv like a table.
So to have in wincc a table with the same data in the csv file, and if the csv file is changed in the same time the table upgrading itself in wincc with an action or event.
I hope everything is clear.

Yes, it is clear now.

You want WinCC to show a table.

The table will contain the data from the .csv file.

If the .csv file is changed, you want WinCC to automatically recognize the change and update the displayed table.

If no one drops in with an answer, I would repost the question with the title "Display .csv file in WinCC"

It can be done using scripting. You would need to write a script that executes periodically checking for a change to the file and then run a routine to extract the data from the .csv file. I've done this sort of thing before with text files. Have process 1 write the .CSV file to location A. Have WinCC look for this file periodically; when it is found, move the file to location B and read its contents into WinCC tags.

It might be posible to do it with DDE but I've never done it with WinCC.

Nick

Display .csv file in WinCC

It can be done using scripting. You would need to write a script that executes periodically checking for a change to the file and then run a routine to extract the data from the .csv file. I've done this sort of thing before with text files. Have process 1 write the .CSV file to location A. Have WinCC look for this file periodically; when it is found, move the file to location B and read its contents into WinCC tags.

It might be posible to do it with DDE but I've never done it with WinCC.

Nick

Could you explain where can I find dde for wincc explorer, or aa guide?

There is a problem. the status of driver connection in runtime is disconnected.
Is a problem if I use office 2007 in Italian language?
I attach some immages to show the configuration....

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Need Help on a similar issue

Thx I resolved all my problems

Dear mrkintaro,

I am facing the same issue, I have a CSV file of sensor's data that is being updated continuously by the data sent by sensor wirelessly, I want to show those sensor's readings or just the latest reading in WinCC. Is it possible? Could you please share your solution with me. I will be grateful for your help

Thanks

khyzer