Upgrade Wonderware

ctsoft

I'm new for Wonderware and need upgrade the existing Wonderware V7.x to V11 version on Win 7 64bit.

This is the existing configuration:

WW ---- Applicom card -------Ethernet Switch ------ S7-400 redundant system CP module.

My question,
1. What is the engineering work to upgrade to V11?

2. Did Applicom card compatible for Win7 64bit? If not, can replace it with
Matrikon/Kepware OPC?

Any suggestion and opinion are welcome.

We had the SolutionsPT guys in yesterday and we were talking about upgrading InTouch from various versions to 2014 and Terminal Services.

Although we did not go into the finer details, the software points to consider are:

1) You have to upgrade V7.0 to V7.11 before doing V7.11 to 2014 - a two stage upgrade.
2) screen resolution - 4:3 style is no longer the norm, now you tend to have 16:9, and if you carry out a convert to a different resolution, then the SCADA screens will be stretched and no longer look the same, so more work to convert/redraw.
3) They will be able to assist in the upgrade - at a cost!
4) What I/O drivers do your existing systems use to talk to the PLCs? The latest drivers packages with InTouch are DAservers under Archestra, and if your PLCs are older, they may not communicate. That said, the drivers are very good and have had no issues with Rockwell PLC5 nor Siemens S5.

We had the SolutionsPT guys in yesterday and we were talking about upgrading InTouch from various versions to 2014 and Terminal Services.

EEK! $$$$$$$$$$

Be sure to understand the licensing for this, and if they are porting this into the Archestra IDE as an InTouch Sys. Platform object so it can be a managed/deploy-able application or a traditional "NAD" application.

Are you considering migration to a virtual environment? More things to consider.

Understand the difference between standard InTouch runtime license and "InTouch View" licensing...the later makes converting older a royal pain. I had experience earlier this year taking a 2012 application, and porting it to a Sys. Platform object. Depending on how complicated the InTouch application(s) are...put a bunch of money aside into the "risk" pool.

Sometimes it's just easier to build something new. How long should the life cycle be? 10 years? Then "upgrade" for another 10? Meaning the original design/control concepts of the system could last 20+ years??

Although we did not go into the finer details, the software points to consider are:

1) You have to upgrade V7.0 to V7.11 before doing V7.11 to 2014 - a two stage upgrade.
2) screen resolution - 4:3 style is no longer the norm, now you tend to have 16:9, and if you carry out a convert to a different resolution, then the SCADA screens will be stretched and no longer look the same, so more work to convert/redraw.
3) They will be able to assist in the upgrade - at a cost!
4) What I/O drivers do your existing systems use to talk to the PLCs? The latest drivers packages with InTouch are DAservers under Archestra, and if your PLCs are older, they may not communicate. That said, the drivers are very good and have had no issues with Rockwell PLC5 nor Siemens S5.

Thank you to all sharing the information with me.
More information on existing setup i received.
Actually the setup are server/client configuration communication to S7-400H CP433-1 via CP1613. They are 2 servers and 1 client.
On both Server PC setup
- loaded with WW intouch V7.11.
- CP 1613 card installed.
- S7-redconnect software???Do not know is it loaded into these server or it not necessary. Hope somebody can advice.

S7-400H setup
- PS407
- 414H CPU
- CP 443-1
- CP 443-1
-
-
- PS407
- 414H CPU
- CP 443-1
- CP 443-1