GE 90-30 With FBC BEM341

calum stewart

Hi guys,

having a few challenges with 90-30 and FBC BEM341 FIP bus controller.

The goal is to be able to replace either the CPU 350 and or BEM341.
I have a copy of CC90 which allows the upload and download, but the association appears to be the issue.

Does anybody have a copy of any suitable GE software tools ?

"This release of the FIP Bus Controller requires the Hand–Held Programmer
(HHP), windows programming software IC641CTLxxx Release 2.0 or later, or
the FBCLOAD configuration utility to configure it for proper network
operation."

We have an HHP and memory card, but memory card not supported by the CPU 350.

That's definitely going to be a challenge. In a decade of working for a GE PLC distributor I never had a customer even ask me to quote a PLC with a FIP bus.
To compound that, it looks like the only software package to ever support hardware configuration for the FIP bus controller was Control90, which was a (mercifully) short-lived offering. But by the time they came out with VersaPro software, the FIP controller didn't appear in the hardware catalog.
As if that weren't enough hurdles, the handheld programmer can't be used to configure systems with CPUs higher than CPU340.
What exactly do you need to do? Has the PLC lost its memory? Is your version of CC90 too old for compatibility with the BEM341?
Could the ladder logic from the CPU350 (120K available memory) fit in a CPU331 (8K memory), CPU340 (16K memory), or CPU341 (40K memory)? Those CPU models are all compatible with the handheld.
The ladder logic program and the hardware configuration are separate, independent parts of the PLC's memory. Using CC90 you might be able to extract the just the program from the CPU350 but not the hardware configuration. If you have a CPU331 available, you might be able to use the HHP to configure the system with that module. Then connect to the PLC using Proficy Machine Edition and extract the hardware configuration. Using Proficy, import the CC90 ladder logic, change the CPU model back to a CPU350 and see if you can send that to the CPU350.

So, I dug through a box of old CDs and found one for Cimplicity Control (CC90) version 2.10 Service Pack 3 dated November 1998. But the README document on the CD doesn't list compatibility with either the BEM340 or BEM341 FIP bus controllers.
From the GFK-1213 manual chapter on configuration with the handheld, it appears that the module must be physically present in the rack to configure it with the handheld. That same manual doesn't have anything to say about configuration using CC90.
However, the manual GFK-1295D dated 1998 says:
"This manual and the online help have been updated to reflect the new features available with Version 2.10 Service Pack 3:"
And it includes information about configuring the FIP bus controller.
The CD is only about 35 Meg. Shoot me a PM and we figure out how to get a copy to you. It won't be a licensed copy, but it will run for a 4-day demo period unlicensed.

As always, I am at the leading edge of obsolete technology.

Can you please send me the software that can config the module IC693BEM340, I have a problem with it, I can upload from CPU IC693CPU350 using Proficy Machine Edition v6.0 but the hardware not include IC693BEM340
Thank you very much if you can help.
The image I attach in this link: Image