Siemens PID

infineum

After finally learning and understanding Controllogix, I am back in the Siemens PCS7 world. Among the many things that I liked about controllogix was their PIDE function block. I worked in the batch chemical industries and often have the need to change tuning parameters since our processes run at temperatures from -75C to 240C. Since the PIDE was implmented using the velocity form of the PID algorithm, their was no bumping of the controller output when the parammeters were changed during the process. It appears that Siemens only uses the position algorithm. As such, the output changes in response to the tuning parameters. Does anybody know if Siemens offers a velocity form of their PID algorithm?

Similar Topics

Hello all, A group I am involved with is just completing converting a Siemens APACS control system over to an RSLogix PLC. The subject came up of...
Replies
Views
Hi, Have problem with getting PID to work. Have been using 4x different programmers on siemens, not one could make PID to work as I want. Problem...
Replies
Views
Urgent, Commissioning deadline. I am using CONT_C in a function block. I call the FB in a Cyclic Program (OB32). when the PID is in manual I...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to program the PID function of a G120 drive using Starter. The PID output looks good but the "limitation active" LED is always on...
Replies
Views
Can any one help me regarding how to give set point via field bus for control yasakawa a1000 drive while it is running on PID operation. Also i...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom