1769-ADN to PV1000

RobM

hey guys got a question, i got a Micro1500 with a 1769-ADN & Hardy
HI 1769-WS talking to a PV1000 via Dnet i got the pv1000 set up I/O slave is it possible to send a floating point from the scanner, i would like to read the weight from a Hardy HI 1769-WS and send it to the PV1000 to display the ie 6.0 lbs.

Rob

Rob, I havn't had the time to check any documents, but I think that both the DNet PanelView and the Hardy WS both support Explicit Messaging, and this means you should be able to get the PV to directly connect to the WS and extract the data you want.

DNet Explicit Mesaging is not quite for the faint hearted; the documentation full of Objects, Instances and other unfamiliar terms that are a little off-putting...but I have done a couple of simple ones (copying examples out of the book) and it all works.

Why not send the data from the Hardy module in the integer format and convert it to floating point in the local processor? The default data format from that card is integer anyway.

umm yes... Explicit Messaging between the PanelView and WS Scale would work but isn't necessary...I didn't read Rob's post properly and somehow I got the idea (conclusion jumped) that he wanted to get data between the two without the presence of the scanner/logic processor. Yes it can be done, but JNelson is right...it is easier just to get the data into the PLC, convert it to whatever range is needed and then make it available to the PanelView.

To get the an integer word to display decimal points the usual method is to scale the number by a factor of ten that is equal to the number of decimal digits you want, and then use the PanelView to scale it back.

Eg If you want to show 6.0 lbs then take the weight value and convert to an integer value of 60. In the PanelView the tag is then scaled by a factor of 0.1 and the number of decimal places in the field format is 1, ie xxx.x. If you then send 61 the PanelView will show 6.1.

Last edited:
Thanks philip, that sounds good cus i'm haven't done explicit mgs
so converting an interger by scale it would be alot easier for me.

if i understand you right the pV1000 will show 6.1 buy scaleing the interger, i also need to send 6.1 to the scanner. i'm building a apple bagger and want send a Set point value of xx.x and at the same time show realtime weight as it fills, when the Set Point is equal to
actual weight stop and fill bag.I hope this is understandable ? i do need the scanner the pv1000
is Dnet protocol so i need to get weight from hardy module, compute in the processor and
send the information to the pv1000

Rob

Last edited: