Multiple Categories? -- Please Vote

Should the forum have multiple categories?

• Yes, please setup multiple categories.

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • No thanks, please keep just one main category as it is setup now.

Votes: 45 73.8%

• Total voters

Phil Melore

Administrator
Hi Folks,
It's been suggested to divide the forum into multiple categories. Since this is a democracy, please cast your vote. Majority rules.

In other words, right now there are 2 categories(2 more coming soon).
1- Post any plc related question.
2- Practice using the boards functions.
3- Archive for posts from 2001(coming soon)
4- Archive for posts from 2000(coming soon)

Multiple categories can be setup. For example:
1- PLC hardware related questions
2- PLC Software related questions
3- Communications questions
4- Misc topics
5- Practice using the boards functions
6- Archive for posts from 2001
7- Archive for posts from 2000

(archives are necessary because there are many thousands of previously asked questions/answers.)

Please cast your vote as the majority will rule... :)
Enjoy,
Phil

1 vote for the first option. I can look at all new posts on the one page without having to view 3 pages to see what is new.
Regards Alan Case

I vote to stay the way things are now. I also like the idea of being able to see all new posts, regardless of category, without having to switch pages. I don't care if I am reading about hardware, software or underware (oops, wrong forum ;) ).

Steve (formerly known as Takoga)

I believe that 'new posts' come up anyway, no matter whether they are in different catagories or not. I am a member of another board similar to this with all different topics categorized, but new posts are always on a seperate page and they queue until you log on again. I thought PLC programmers liked things in some sort of order!

This is fine just the way it is now for me.
My learning curve is bent most of the time.
As was my fishing pole this weekend.
Scooter.

I must be from Florida...

I wanted to vote for leaving things the way they are, but I think I accidentally voted for combining all topics into a single thread! HELP! :confused:

Leave it as it is. The simplicity of this site is one of it's appealing features.

Also, on other sites with muliple catagories, I often find the same question posted everywhere because the questioner did not know which catagory was appropiate.

I vote to leave it the way it is .
also agree with the seperate trafic light\student section.

so the students can be told to reply to eachother and assist their learning curve. They can help as if they were at school.

It would be up to Us not to interfere with that forum other than positive assistance.(my self included) :)