Help Me

DENNIS

I AM CURRENTLY DESIGNING FOR A PLC WIRING SYSTEM. I NEED TO HAVE A
SAMPLE DRAWING FOR ELEMENTARY DIAGRAMS FOR REFERENCE PLEASE SEND ME IF
YOU HAVE ANY. TY

It is definetely PLC specific. And in my opinion has never been straight forward, especially if your using cable fast or other quick connector block.

If your lucky enough to be using Modicon PLCs with Proworx NXT, the software will generate Auto Cad drawings for you based off of the actual cards and addresses used.

You will def. have to hit the books. Best bet is to search the PLC manuf website and look for manuals on I/O cards. You need to know the I/O cards you are using however, as there are usually a ton of them.

good luck

get help from your PLC programmer

The elementary diagrams using a PLC aren't really any different than a standard JIC ladder diagram. There are two ways I see this done. In the most common way, the PLC I/O for each card or slot are drawn in a single rectangular block. The external devices are drawn to the left for an input card, and the external devices are drawn to the right for an output card. Power connections are drawn at the top of the card. If you look at your PLC hardware manual you can probably see some examples. Hugh Jack's outstanding site has some pretty good examples at the end of the PLC wiring chapter.

http://claymore.engineer.gvsu.edu/~jackh/books/plcs/chapters/plc_wiring.pdf

The way I prefer to do it is to use a separate rectangular block for each I/O point. I use a small pilot light symbol inside each input block, and a small relay or solid state contact symbol inside each output block. The PLC identification, slot, and channel are shown in each block. This seems to me to be easier to follow the wiring during trouble shooting if there are interlocks or lots of external connections.

This is another case where it doesn't have to be right, just consistent. If your company already has some elementary diagrams use them for a starting point.

Last edited:
Hey jonjon,

philippine language seems beatiful but hard to understand!

Can you translate for our sake?

By, Luca

thanks for all those who replied to my question and i hope i'll be recieving from you a lot of info about plc designing 'cause i am just new to this. tnx. :cool:

Dennis,

We will be happy to help you learn PLC Program designing. We hope to receive a lot more questions from you and we also hope they are a lot more specific!

Sorry gluca

It was a for what machine he will be use, what kind of plc he has, he should be post more specific question and where in the philippines he is.

OKEY?

Thanks;
Jonjon