Simens S7-300 Remote Maintenence

Mylo

After an Issue with one of our overseas customers last week that could have been solved via remote monitoring of the equipment I ask the question, for Siemens S7-300 plc's what solution could be employed for the remote (Different Country) monitoring and re-programming of PLC's and HMI's ???

Typically for out "Mitsubishi" equipment we employ a Desk Modem at my office and hook up to the machine thru a Dinrail modem attached to the HMI (E100 etc) then to the plc port as the Biejers HMI has a transparent port this is quite easy to set up, so therefore I can dial up the machine monitor/modify the software and converse with the local technician, all good. Is there a similar Siemens solution??

Can I set up a modem on the simatic rail and hook up internally via MPI, where would the PC adaptor fit in to all of this? can it be at my end?? any suggestions for this would be appreciated.. The application at this moment would probably be offered at design stage for future equipment, and for your information our equipment is usually stand-alone.

Thanks in advance.

Mylo

It is indeed possible.

There is a serial/MPI adapter that is very common for the online programming. A special version of this one can be connected to a modem. This adapter is called a TS adapter (TS = Tele Service).

You will need a special software package "Tele Service" to allow STEP7 to make the connection via modem to the TS adapter.

So the setup would look like this:

(PC with "STEP7" and "TeleService") --> Modem --> Telephone network --> Modem --> TS adapter --> MPI network --> S7 PLC.

Teleservice software: 6ES7 842-0CC02-0YE2
TS adapter: 6ES7 972-0CA33-0XA0

Cheers JesperMp I shall try and cost parts today, I presume this will allow full programming off-site. Is there specific modem required or can the internal PC modem apply?

many thanks for the prompt reply,

Mylo