PLS Help me to be a good programmer

yeksm

HI there,,

can anyone help me out how to be a good PlC programmer.I really want to devote myself into PLC field to be professional. So all peofessional and advance user pls help me out where should i start. I know a little about OMRON, Mitsubishi, keyence,,, something like creating ladder digram, interpreting simple ladder diagram to solve some error.

One thing i sure know is I have to buy PLC book and learn from this website,. So any suggestion where to find more to be more confident in PlC program creating.

My boss, they do some simple PLC program for automation, But what i see is that they use simple ladder diagram like open and close contact only!

My aim is to be professional in PLC! and help people problem like those professionals doing in this forum

rigt now i am studying SOLID WORK too!

Best regards
TOMMY

This isn't right at the heart of what you're looking for but, DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT!

Even if your programming skills aren't that great, it's invaluable to those who come behind, and even yourself if you get the call six months from now, to have some idea what it is you were trying to accomplish. It's also great to have some glimmer of the reasoning behind what was done - read "theory of operation".

If you have the time, try to find more than one way to do the task. Make one which takes the absolute minimum scan time. Make another, doing the same job which uses the least memory. Experiment and find all the ways it doesn't work.

I would highly recommend the book at the link Mark gave. I have printed this book and it sits on my desk for all my maintenance techs to learn from.
Also LogixPro simulator is a great learning tool. Try the free version the spend a little cash on the full version.

Bob

3 ways

Yeksm
You need 3 ways to be good programmer.
First of all you should read a know more about plc's,then you should select a PLC brand buy a unit to play with a get all the hardware and software manuals studi it carfuly try to know all the instructions and how to use it and how this instruction functioning.
the 3rd is the most important in each project you execute you must 100% understand the procees and how each part act in this process try also in the new projects to compare what you learn before with whatyou are in now as much as you programm PLC's for many different processes you will be a good programmer
I wish you a very good luck.

What I tell people when you are a good programmer is when you or anyone else that is going back behind you can understand what you have done and understand fully of your intent, without having to ask questions. Good Luck.

There are many good "insert profession here " in this world and I have met a few. They all :

• Keep learning
  • Practive
  • Teach

IMHO there is not shortcut to it.

as i know...

-read all
-do all
-many project
-dont make 2nd mistakes (trying is good)
-rest, yes. sleepy, no!

thats all what i'm still doing (or trying) now.

lets go together folks!