PLC project

srini10in

Can anybody help me in making a project on PLC programming.
I know basics of PLC<but i was never trained ,but i can do basic ladder programming.
I got to submit this project for my engineering course

hey

Everything depends on the PLC Srini.

If you could tell us what PLC you have, What kind of inputs and outputs (digital and analog) and how many of them you have (I/O)

whatis the purpose you need this project for,(Do you care how complex the project should be or you just need something done with a PLC)

The complexity and problem can be thought about at that stage.

You have to know the PLC hardware available in your lab or factory floor to proceed.

Last edited:
PLC Project

srini10in,
Back in my student days in 1970, I had to write a program to solve Rubik's Cube. Rubik's Cube was a puzzle cube with 9 squares on each face of the cube (54 total). There were 6 colors, with 9 squares in each color. To solve the puzzle, you start with any random configuration and rotate each section of the cube until each face contains only 9 squares of the same color. This should keep you thinking for awhile! It did me! The key to solving it is to set up number arrays (matrixes) and try every combination until you get one of the solutions. Sorry, but I no longer have a copy of the program.

WOW

Lancie

That is a wonderful project. I would wanna do that. I was trying to solve the inverted pendulum problem with the PLC and it got to a stage where I was convinced..that PLCs werent devised to solve microsecond problems..

Ashwin

3 floor lift

i have made a small program of a 3 floor lift/elevator. if you are interested i could mail it to you.
If atall you have any other projects in mind, i can try to help youin some way. samson

Rubik's Cube...

For those too young to remember (or if you care to relive it, Lancie), HERE'S a very well executed flash version of Rubik's cube... :cool:

Bored with the 'regular' cube? HERE'S a 4-D version of Rubik's cube... :eek:

beerchug

-Eric

Hi all
Thank you very much for the response.

I need a small project on plc with minimum inputs & outputs.
This project i need to submit for my engg final year project.
I have software of melsec medoc & siemens s7 software.
Presently im workinfg for tata teleservices at nagpur. & here we donot have any PLC for the system.

My project was approved when i was working with an process industry in Hyd.Now i don't have to time to take fresh approval for new project.

Hence PLC hardware will not be available with me.
i want to deveop a small program with minimum i/p & O/P .

Hence kindly advice me.

Shoot

hey Srini

The problem is you will never be able to test the validity of what you have done without hardware. Well! i dont think that is totally true. There is something called softPLCs in the market. You may want to use the internet to look for information on that.

I had a PLC project for my final year engineering course. But we implemented an emergency shut down system in a naptha plant. Since you are working right now, I suggest it would be a better option for you to look at softPLCs(Someone correct me on this one, as I am not too sure how the softPLCs work)

The main question is : are you familiar with PLCs in the first place. If so, you could come up with an simple problem yourself. Since you dont have the hardware, half your problems are solved..since you dont have to verify what you write.

I can think of one right now: You have a thermistor that is basically sitting at room temperature. When the temperature is at room temperature you have a green light ON.You have two tanks with water and have level sensors.initial conditions can be that both the tanks are half full.If the room temperature drops say by 10 degrees.. say..water flows from tank A to tank B. if the level sensor in tank A or tank B goes to high, the system returns to ground state. If the temperature goes up by 10 degrees of room temperature, water flows from a pipe into tank A. If tank A is full you have Yellow/Amber light ON. when tank B is full you have red light ON.

Hope this helps.

It's real easy to program a PLC to be a door stop.

But, if you want a more interesting project, program the PLC to be an alarm system, washing machine, strobe light sequencer, or something else that you can actually relate to.

In a fit of boredom once, I programmed a PLC to calculate a table of prime numbers.

srini10in,

Try this web site for Omron ZEN PLC:

http://www.info.omron.com/TechSupport-Downloads2.shtm

They offer a 30-day free trial of the downloadable software, plus it has a built in SIMULATOR! You can write a program and then test it, without a PLC. This might work for your situation. I suggest solving some problem where you can use some simple on/off switches as inputs, and lights as outputs.

Some of my student's project

Dear friends ,
A lot of good project for study or support social products
I post some picture about Orange Sorting project that use micro controller . (You can use plc control too)
In this project , he(student) use laser pointer & photo transister replace optical Sensor to reduce cost of project (beware
laser beam ..problem with eyes)
His objecttive is to sort 3 size of orange and counting number of them (around 100 oranges to sort in 1 minute)

project orange sorting1.jpg

plc project

hi,srini10in
currently i m doing my final yr.project on siemens S7-200 with 3-in and 4-out.well,u have to have plc for that or softplc(i don't know about softplcs).
i m mixing 2 liquids.if u r intrested try ladder for it.