Ml 1200

The 1200 can be either DF1 or DH-485. You can use the A-B 1761-NET-AIC (AIC+) for DH-485 networks. This unit is an opto isolated 232/485 converter. I generally use it instead of third party converters for networking A-B because they are very fussy about timing issues etc.

A-B has just come out with a ML-1200 with a second comm port, DF1 19.2 kBaud only.

I already have the 1 com port 1200, I knew about the other one but it was not needed on this project "at first".

I need to get a serial string from a scale into the plc but still need the port for programming/monitoring purposes.

Does someone make a device that I could use my pc and have the scale online at the same time?

Check out this clever device, made expressly for applications like yours:

http://www.tomantron.com

The MuxiPort can accept an ASCII string and write the character values into an Integer file inside an A-B SLC-family controller. It's a very clever way to get some of the functionality of a second serial port or a comms card.