RSlogix 5000 make a string lowercase

Nacktern

Hi everyone,
new user so please forgive any breaches of etiquette.

But in RSLogix how can you convert a string in the PLC to all lowercase and move to a different tag?

Much appreciated :)

Hi everyone,
new user so please forgive any breaches of etiquette.

But in RSLogix how can you convert a string in the PLC to all lowercase and move to a different tag?

Much appreciated :)

This is relatively simple - if the ASCII value of each character is 65 to 90 (decimal), which are A-Z, then add 32, otherwise leave it alone ....

Adding 32 (decimal) makes "A" into "a", etc.

2021-07-29_142856.jpg

Why not to use the LOWER instruction?
it will do it for you.

From Help:
The LOWER instruction converts the alphabetical characters in a string to lower case characters.

Why not to use the LOWER instruction?
it will do it for you.

From Help:
The LOWER instruction converts the alphabetical characters in a string to lower case characters.

Dang! forgot that even existed !!!