GE 90/30 64 bit software

russrmartin

I have a client from way back that still has a GE 9030 in a folding machine. They are having an issue and want to go online to the controller to do some troubleshooting, but the software is 32 bit and they don't have a 32 bit pc to run it on. Does anyone know right off the top if GE created a 64 bit version of the software for this platform? In the event they don't, anyone have any experience setting up a virtual machine and connecting to a 9030 that way? Ideas, suggestions, or speed bumps to be aware of are appreciated. Thanks!

GE's Proficy ME will install and run on a 32 bit Win7 Pro or later OS and work with most 90-30 systems out there, all but the very oldest. To know for sure One would need to know the firmware level of the CPU.
If you mean to use LogiMaster 90 you will need DOS 5.5ish through W2K and depending on your serial port should work with most Vertual machines and one of those OS's.

Fixed it, I should not do this on my telephone!
GE's Proficy ME will install and run on a 32 bit Win7 Pro or later OS and work with most 90-30 systems out there, all but the very oldest. To know for sure One would need to know the firmware level of the CPU.
If you mean to use LogicMaster 90 you will need DOS 5.5ish through W2K and depending on your serial port should work with most Virtual machines and one of those OS's.

You may want to add the version of LogicMaster also if it will be used.
And PLEASE everyone: DETAIL in a question promotes DETAIL in an answer.

Thanks Russ. Unfortunately, the post lacked details as I'm short on them myself. I worked with this client about 8 years ago on this piece of equipment, but have no recollection of what software they have or info on the exact PLC model. I'm rather unfamiliar with GE's hardware and software line period as that piece of the equipment is the only time I've seen it. Mostly just fishing for someone who has significant experience that knew off the top of their head if GE had put forth any 64 bit software to communicate with legacy products that were developed when older operating systems were the norm. Seems like from your response 32 bit Win7 is about as good as it will get for them if I read your response correctly. Thanks for the info!

Will it be software related on a PLC that old and a machine that old?

How have they got to this conclusion?

I'm not sure what you are trying to say but the GE Proficey ME software is about the most backwards compatible with hardware that I have ever seen.
Today's PME software will work with more than 20 year old hardware.

Last edited:
RussB I think I misread your original reply. You said the proficy ME will run on 32 Win 7 OR LATER. As I read that now, it sounds like it should run on later versions of windows as well. I'll have to ask them what software and version it is they are trying to install or use and possibly advise them to migrate to the newer software version if they are working with something older than Proficy ME. Is it correct to assume Proficy ME will install and run on a 64 bit Windows 10 PC?

RussB I think I misread your original reply. You said the proficy ME will run on 32 Win 7 OR LATER. As I read that now, it sounds like it should run on later versions of windows as well. I'll have to ask them what software and version it is they are trying to install or use and possibly advise them to migrate to the newer software version if they are working with something older than Proficy ME. Is it correct to assume Proficy ME will install and run on a 64 bit Windows 10 PC?

Yes the latest version of PME will run on 64 bit Win10. You will need to verify the CPU model and version to be sure.

Last edited: