Produce and consume tags between guard logix and compact logix

JackM

Ok I have never set up communications between two PLCs both machines are using 192.168.1.1 for the PLC. I need to setup produce consume tags between the two machines. For part transfers. The guard logix is a 1756-L72S 5570 safety controller and the compact logix is a 1769-L33ER compact logix 5370 controller the only Ethernet I have available is one port open to the Guard Logix Stratix 5700 switch on the same network as the controller and on on the compact logix one port on a 1783 NATR and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Jack, after 107 reads, and no one response. Perhaps , can you re-describe, may be with a diagram to better understand the issue here.

I've never done produced/consumed between a safety and non-safety controller, but it may well be the exact same as between two non-safety controllers.

Is there a specific question?

Since the CompactLogix is not a Safety controller, you can treat it like any other normal non-GuardLogix controller for the purposes of configuring Produced/Consumed Tags.

Doing P/C Tags within the Safety application is a little more complicated because of how Safety Network Numbers work, but that's covered well in the user manuals for the GuardLogix controllers.

I am not clear about how the network being described works, so I will add my appeal for a more thorough description or a diagram.

Obviously two controllers with the same IP address cannot be on the same network, so this may be a question about "how do I configure Produced/Consumed Tags across a NAT router like the 1783-NATR".

A quick look through the Rockwell Knowledgebase for the keywords "Produce Consume 1783 NATR" brings up Knowledgebase Document 731361 (Access level: Everyone) that describes how to set up the NATR and use Unicast messaging for Produced/Consumed Tags.