OT? OLE and InTouch

sfindley

I am an electrician trying to get a new piece of equipment talking with our HMIs. The equipment is a laser velocimeter that has a COM library built in. The manufacturer says we can get information through the ethernet interface using the windows COM object model.

Being a self-taught electrician, I am having difficulty with this. I am trying to get Intouch (Wonderware) to connect with this equipment and just can't seem to figure it out. I've Googled it, searched this (and other) forums and read the manuals to both the velocimeter and Intouch. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Not exactly sure if this will help but go to the kepserver site and download there package. It is very user friendly and probably will talk to your unit. Then try to talk from wonderware to that. May not be much but try it. The kepware demo is also very usable.

We are using version 9.5 currently. I have been looking into this and it seems I have to write an ActiveX control to interface with the velocimeter's COM library and then load this control into WW.