CoDeSys Program

moelsayed

Hello All,
Please I need your help .
I have an PLC type EATON [XC-CPU202]

As I know the XSOFT-CODESYS software will be need to upload and going online to this PLC.

but really I don't have any information about using this software.
how can upload / monitor the program/ edit the program.

Please any information will be appreciated.

Elsayed

It is Codesys based, so you can try to download Codesys package from its web site and learn/play a little bit, before you buy original software.

I would like to be more specific:

How can I establish connection to [XC-CPU202] and XSOFT-CODESYS,
and how can I upload the program (ladder and source code )

Thanks In Advance
Elsayed

You can only upload the program out of the controller IF the original programmer downloaded it into the controller when they made their last change. That is true of all the CoDeSys systems that I know of.

My point is how can I establish connection with the PLC over ethernet.
_ should I create an empty project then insert the cpu and set IP for cpu then trying to upload the program ???
or just an empty program then trying to upload ?

Just so we are all on the same page, what do you consider an "upload"?
PC writes to plc
of
PC reads from plc?

I would consider an upload to be the PC reading an existing program out of a plc.

Keith

Just so we are all on the same page, what do you consider an "upload"?
PC writes to plc
of
PC reads from plc?

I would consider an upload to be the PC reading an existing program out of a plc.

Keith

Yes exactly upload means [ PC to read from PLC ]

I would first try to ftp to the PLC can see what is on there. Anonymous ftp into it and make a backup of everything on there. Then look for a file called source.dat . If you can get that file you are golden. You can then open that file in xsoft and it will unpack all the libraries that you need to compile the program. Hopefully it is a backup of what is currently running in the PLC.

Failing that all you can hope for is to get an offline copy of the project. There is no upload.

To open the source.dat you use the file open dialog then change the extension selection to include .dat. It will ask if you want to overwrite the libraries - say yes.

Thank you Keith.
one more question what is FTP ? and from where can i get it.
Thanks In Advance

Elsayed

FTP = File Transfer Protocol; it's what we had before gopher.

Navigate to this URL

ftp://plc.ip.address/

into the address bar of your web browser e.g.

ftp://192.168.1.100/

TL;DR

Also, at a CMD shell prompt, type

ftp 192.168.1.100

- use ftp for username (equivalent to anonymous)
- hit enter for password
- ? for command help

Although, if you are asking what FTP is, I don't suggest the shell interface.

Last edited:
so I have to have the IP address for the PLC but unfortunately I tried the default IP address [ 192.168.119.202 ] but nothing showing up

Oh I found the IP address for CPU is 192.168.1.202
so what do you think please ?

but I am getting this message from the browser:

The following error was encountered while trying to retrieve the URL: ftp://192.168.1.202.com/
Unable to determine IP address from host name 192.168.1.202.com