Log max value from load cell

jonlaicov

Hello, I'm new to using PLC and am just starting to learn to use the programming logic. I'm using a AB Micrologic 1400 with an HMI using to control a rig motor and log 3 sensors. There is 1 load cell that is used to capture a force that is on / off. the data is collected every minute or 6 minutes. I want to be able to log (very accurately) the peak or max value coming from the load cell. Can someone help explain how to write the logic to achieve this? Just use a A-greater-b function?

Thanks in advance

If I understand correctly, you are collecting load cell data continually, and you want to report the peak value every minute (or 6 minutes). In the simplest form this could be done with a GRT as you suggest. If N7:0 is your storage register, for example, continually compare [load cell value] > N7:0 and MOV the load cell value to N7:0 (replacing the smaller value) if the comparison is true. You'd have a timer running the entire time that would do something with N7:0 (the peak value) after 60 or 360 seconds, then reset it for the next run.

Something like this?
During a one minute period check the load cell against the peak. If its higher record a new peak. At the end of the one minute period store the peak in a FIFO queue that holds six data points (six minutes).

tc1030141.jpg

If I understand correctly, you are collecting load cell data continually, and you want to report the peak value every minute (or 6 minutes).
Kolyur, I think there was one of those pesky typos, and the f got left off of "for", changing the total meaning.
...the data is collected every minute for 6 minutes.
Tim has nailed it all down with a nice program.