Proficy 9.50 - view udt manager

mex1984

Hello all,

I am trying to open a program from a client that was done on ge proficy machine edition 9.5 but everytime i try it I get the missing the component view udt manager.

Can someone help me with it? I have tried looking for something related but no good.

I have been using Proficy for years and have never run into anything like that. The first thing to do is to make sure you are at the latest update version. Ask your client what version and build level he used to create the file. You could also try uninstalling/reinstalling Proficy.

Hello Steve, so I ended up using an old program and added the ladder programs to make it work. I still can't open the new one.

Anyway I have a genius bus working around but I got a mismatch fault, I had to download the program to the controller for it to clear the fault. Now the problem is this genius module ( GBI001) is marking fault but at the software I do not get any message from it. Any idea?

Have you downloaded hardware configuration to the GBI001? If so, did you cycle power to the GBI001 after the download? I have personally never been able to communicate with a GBI001 using a USB/serial converter. I tried two different models, one from Radio Snack, the other from Staples, both of which worked fine for PLC serial communications. I always needed a computer with a real serial port for the Genius network interface.

If you would like to have me try to open your original project file, you can post it here or else send it to me at stephen dot bailey2 at verizon dot net

I have not donwloaded anything directly to GBI001. I did change one module, ALG432 to an ALG230. I assume that when it worked they did this download but my question is, do I have to redownload it if changing one module?

ALG432 is four analog inputs, 2 analog outputs. ALG230 is four analog inputs. They are not a direct change. The GBI001 is gettting two words of analog data from the Genius Bus controller and the module it wants to send those two words of data to can't accept them.

You have to change the hardware configuration for that I/O drop and download it to the GBI001. You also have to change the hardware configuration for the Genius Bus controller in the PLC target and download that to the PLC.

I tried making a cable but it did not respond. Reading the manual I see that autoconfig is also another option. Do you think is viable?

Autoconfig only works for drops that contain only discrete I/O modules. Any drops with analog modules require a hardware configuration download. And the download cable is not something easy to make. It plugs into the port in the upper left side of GBI001. You may not even be aware there is a port there.

Last edited:
I found out about it and tried using this cables that usually use with arduinos, maybe they are a bit loose.

I tried to download it through the proficy machine software, or is there a software specially done for this type of job?

gbi001.jpg