ME Transfer Utility

BM91306

Hello,

I am trying to upload a PanelView program using ME Transfer Utility using a A-B 1747-UIC, Ser. A, Rev. D, Frn. 1.3.
PanelView info:
Cat #: 2711-T10C16
Ser: F
FRN: 4.46

I have configured the driver in RS Linx Classic using the following settings:
Comm Port: 3
Device: SLC-CH0/Micro/PanelView
Baud: 19200
Parity: None
Protocol: Full Duplex

The panelview has 2 ports, one labeled RS232 and another RS232 DF1. Which do i need to connect my 9 pin cable to in order to upload this program (printer port is disabled on pview config screen). Is there anything else i may be missing while trying to upload using my 1747-UIC to RS232?

Thanks!

Last edited:
The 1747-UIC adapter is for connecting to DH-485. Your Panelview does not use DH-485; you need a simple USB to serial adapter (assuming you lack a physical serial port on your computer).

EDIT: Something like this

EDIT the second: ME Transfer Utility is also not the correct application -- that's for the newer Panelview Plus models. Panelbuilder32 will upload, I don't recall if there was a separate transfer utility.

EDIT the third: You should also be able to use a Compact Flash card with a PCMCIA adapter to copy the file off.

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply.

We have ~8 OEM PV's on site that are not networked. We use the ME Transfer Utility to upload/download to networked PV's.

We have the Keyspan serial-USB adapter, but not the panelbuiler32 software.

I will have to get PB32 downloaded/licensed prior to uploading the PV's that are not networked PV's.

since this is a standard panelview terminal, you will also need the panelbuilder software from allen bradley.
Also be aware that depending on the age of the unit, you may need to get an older version of the software also.
that shouldn't be a cost addition since you will need the software any way.
james

Last edited: