Headless HMI

I've used the Weintek branded version of the maple, but it was the lower resolution version. Only thing to look out for is the hdmi spec for cables is just to test it in a lab. So unlike Ethernet where a 5m cable is 20(?) times more immune than a 100m, with HDMI a 5m cable is constructed with cheaper cable sizes/ impedance / whatever than a 10m. Keep this cable as short and as far away from noise sources as possible.

The fact that a broken screen can be replaced in a pinch with a standard monitor, rather than waiting for an (expensive) spare to arrive is handy. Also having the resolution and programming capabilities the same for the entire screen-size range was useful, rather than having additional engineering effort because the smaller screen has a different resolution, smaller memory, and doesn't support that widget you used to develop the last version of the same machine.

I've used the Maple RMI5001 to connect to a Siemens S7-1200 and Emerson Rx3i.
I like that Maple has drivers for many manufacturers.

We have used an HDMI splitter to drive 3 TVs from one Maple.

By 'Headless' I assume that its a stand alone HMI and you use your own monitor/touch screen, mouse, etc?

Do they run on Windows or is it there own software and runs just like their normal HMI?

Quote" By 'Headless' I assume that its a stand alone HMI and you use your own monitor/touch screen, mouse, etc?"
Correct, you use a standard monitor. From what i can tell, you use the same software to program the headless version as the standard HMI.

Thank You All

By 'Headless' I assume that its a stand alone HMI and you use your own monitor/touch screen, mouse, etc?

Do they run on Windows or is it there own software and runs just like their normal HMI?

Here is AD's headless. Basically a small plastic box with a lot of receptacles, It uses their normal C-More EA9 software and can be remotely accessed through a web page or their free Remote HMI phone app from the Play Store or the App Store.

A nice HMI for $410, just add a monitor, mouse or touchscreen.

Quote:" The fact that a broken screen can be replaced in a pinch with a standard monitor, rather than waiting for an (expensive) spare to arrive is handy."
That is precisely why I am looking at this solution. Our production folks are damaging the touchscreens.