SLC-150 C convert program?

aczlan

We have 3 SLC-150s that we are using, we would like to create a print for them and diagram the program so when we get approval we can replace them with something newer and so if something goes wrong we know where to look.

I was able to connect to all the PLCs and read the program, then save it as a .100 file, but I would like to open it in something a little easier to read than the DOS software.

I see some threads talking about converting the files to .txt or PDF, is there software available to do that?

Thanks

Aaron Z

DOS (Dosbox for W10 and W7) with PCIS is the only thing that will work with the PLC's you can print a PDF after you open the software (I think)

DOS (Dosbox for W10 and W7) with PCIS is the only thing that will work with the PLC's you can print a PDF after you open the software (I think)
Ah, that makes sense, I didn't realize that I could save the ladder programming to text files by using the print function (F3) after loading them.

I used Virtual PC 2007 and MSDos 6.22. I was able to save the text files to the DOS pc, then copy them off to my computer.

Thank you!

Aaron Z

You can use a VM called DOSBOX, its free and will run on W7 or 10, thats what I use

You can find everything you need here https://www.plccable.com/allen-bradley-plc-slc-100-150-usb-1745-pcc-cable/

The manual is there incase you have issues converting the program also videos on how to set it up

And welcome to PLCTalk!
Thanks, I had found those links and downloaded the manual.
I went with the Virtual PC as then it will work on any computer with XP or higher (not just my laptop) and it wont risk getting messed up by Windows Update or something changing.

I actually use dosbox for some of my kids games at home (they love playing Oregon Trail and Amazon Trail).

Aaron Z