1769-SDN Devicenet scanner not showing + sign

hazemabdulrab

Hello,

I'm trying to replace a 1769-SDN devicenet scanner on a compactlogix system.
The issue i'm having is when i replace the scanner and power up, there is no "+" that shows for the 1769-sdn scanner for selecting to change address/baud rate.

When I open RSLinx Classic, Browse the Ethernet, then the CompactLogix, then the 1769-SDN, and look for a [+] sign for the DeviceNet network. The [+] is not there .
The error display alternates between: err and 08

I've attached an image of the original scanner which does have a [+] sign .
The {+} is missing when i put on the new scanner.

Screenshot 2021-03-14 182654.jpg

Last edited:
When you power up the CompactLogix assembly, carefully watch the numbers that scroll by on the 1769-SDN two-digit LED display. Those will include the module's Major Revision and Minor Revision, but I'll have to do some research to remember precisely what order the numbers appear in. The sequence starts with the LED segment test "88" and also shows the Data Rate (0,1,2 for 125/250/500) and the Node Number of the 1769-SDN.

Error code 08 is not normal; it suggests a problem communicating between the -SDN and the CompactBus.

The lack of a [+] sign generally means that RSLinx doesn't find an EDS file for a device, so it doesn't know that it should be able to browse to a backplane object and/or a downstream network.