Weintek HMI_Problem during using “ftp” command to open files

AB2005

[FONT=&quot]Hi;[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have Weintek HMIs connected with an Ethernet network. Usually I do upload the data log files by using “ftp” command. By using my Laptop (Windows10), I do type the address (like ftp://uploadhis:[email protected]) and press enter and system opens the files of selected HMI.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yesterday, I tried to open the files of an HMI by using same command but system opened “Open With” options (Chrome, Fire Fox, Microsoft Edge etc), unintentionally I selected FIRE FOX and ALWAYS and found that system tried to open a web page but failed. I don’t know how to setback this setting. Do you please help? [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Hi;[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have Weintek HMIs connected with an Ethernet network. Usually I do upload the data log files by using “ftp” command. By using my Laptop (Windows10), I do type the address (like ftp://uploadhis:[email protected]) and press enter and system opens the files of selected HMI.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Yesterday, I tried to open the files of an HMI by using same command but system opened “Open With” options (Chrome, Fire Fox, Microsoft Edge etc), unintentionally I selected FIRE FOX and ALWAYS and found that system tried to open a web page but failed. I don’t know how to setback this setting. Do you please help? [/FONT]

I am following, I am having a similar problem.

Sounds like you set the default app for ftp protocol. Can you verify this in Windows settings (see pic)?

If that's the issue, unfortunately Windows doesn't let you remove individual associations easily. You can either use the 'reset to defaults' option (with the side effect of resetting all your file associations), or you can edit the registry to remove the association.

If instead you've just associated whatever file extension your HMI files use, then there's better options than registry hacking. I don't know anything else for protocol association though.

FTP_default_app.png

Sounds like you set the default app for ftp protocol. Can you verify this in Windows settings (see pic)?

If that's the issue, unfortunately Windows doesn't let you remove individual associations easily. You can either use the 'reset to defaults' option (with the side effect of resetting all your file associations), or you can edit the registry to remove the association.

If instead you've just associated whatever file extension your HMI files use, then there's better options than registry hacking. I don't know anything else for protocol association though.

[FONT=&quot]Default setting has been changed but yet when I type the address and enter, OPEN WITH options pop-up rather opening of files. This is specific only with one HMI (MT8150XE) while other HMIs files are opening by FTP.[/FONT]