Wireless buttons for commisioning

Gronvall

Hello PLCTALK

I have for some time now been commissioning machinery with a wireless mouse i use to jog servos to find limits and step though the sequences and such.
But the problem with my current method is i do not have a way to stop the machine if is see something is going wrong, other than run to a emergency stop og the stop at the panel.

I would therefore like some way to be able to have 2 buttons at me for starting and stopping the machine. The start button would then also be used to jog servos and such.

But i'm interested in which tools other people use when commissioning machines.

I have thought of some cheap chinese wireless relays, but i would prefer some sort of software approach that will be faster to setup and remove when done.

BTW I primarily use TIA portal

with best regards Gronvall

Last edited:
I make (or use the one for the machine) a HMI using FTView on a virtual machine. Then I use an iPad to connect to that desktop. Now I have everything I need mobile.

Can you get your phone/tablet/pc on the controls network with an HMI(That is windows based)? Buy yourself a copy of Radmin3 or some other local only remote admin software. Install it on an HMI. Now put the client on your device. Access to the HMI right in your hands.

I don't like carrying my laptop out into some of the plants i've worked out in the past. Cleaning the stank off it can be a pain. So I've adapted to leaving it in a clean room and just binding to it over the network.