How to enter the right parameters of PID instruction in RSlogix 500

leoxdragon

Hi everyone
I'm trying to setup an PID loop using SLC 5/03 processor. I'm aware of the PID instruction basically. However, I found problem in entering the parameters (gain (Kc), reset (Ti) and rate (Td). It states that Kc must range from 0 to 3276.7, Ti must range from 0 to 32767 while Td must range from 0 to 327.67 to be accepted. So I'm confused. Do I have to convert my own Kc, Ti, Td to these other parameters defined by AB? If I have to do this, what is the right function to convert?

Here is the setup screen
screensetup.jpg

pls help me with a particular set of following parameters:
Kp =0.0562
Ti = 66.67 (sec)
Td = 0

Thanks in advance

See picture below for what you can do. Others, I'm sure will have comments on how you came up with your numbers.

Note: note 2

Gains.jpg

Thank you, Micky. Sorry for late reply. It's quite clear enough. I also found one like this in the helps notes when I checked it more carefully. Thanks

functions and application of PID

Hi I'm new to this field can any one post a link or explain the functions and apllication of PID . (with simple terms please ). rather i would like to know on wat terms these parameters are set with an example

aec,

Look at the "PID Controller" article on wikipedia and links there.
For academic study, there is an excellent text by my former professor Dr. Carlos Smith, "Principles and Practice of Automated Process Control, 3rd ed.".

thank u :)

thank u all for your time and response . link by mickey will help me more I think .