Siemens WinCC 7.5 conversion

joeburmeister

When i try to migrate an old WinCC program in Siemens TIA V16, i get the following error:

Migration failed because the project was created with a version prior to WinCC V7.5. Convert the project to WinCC V7.5 and migrate it again.,6/29/2021,2:11:59 PM

I don't have access to WinCC V7.5. Can someone convert my program for me so i can open in TIA V16/WinCC Advance? Or alternatively, send me the WinCC 7.5 app?

The zipped file is 2.7MB. I am unable to attached. Please email me at joeburmeister at hotmail if you can help.

When i try to migrate an old WinCC program in Siemens TIA V16, i get the following error:

Migration failed because the project was created with a version prior to WinCC V7.5. Convert the project to WinCC V7.5 and migrate it again.,6/29/2021,2:11:59 PM

I don't have access to WinCC V7.5. Can someone convert my program for me so i can open in TIA V16/WinCC Advance? Or alternatively, send me the WinCC 7.5 app?

The zipped file is 2.7MB. I am unable to attached. Please email me at joeburmeister at hotmail if you can help.

WinCC v7.x projects are SCADA class, and do not migrate to WinCC Advanced. Do you have a WinCC Professional license?

WinCC v7.x projects are SCADA class, and do not migrate to WinCC Advanced. Do you have a WinCC Professional license?

There was a migrate option in WinCC flexible which converted WinCC Scada projects (if I remember correctly only V6.2 projects). But it converts only the very basic screen items like lines, rectangles, circles, and the tag base with only basic types. May be they have added it for TIA Advanced too, haven't seen it in TIA V14.

Conversion to WinCC Prof. should mostly work, because in Runtime it's almost a WinCC 7.5 Runtime.

But I can't help the op, I've got only WinCC 7.4 available.

Try to find out the WinCC version of the project. If it's an rather old project, may be it cannot be converted to WinCC 7.5 in one step, and you do need some steps between.

WinCC v6.x projects must be at least a 6.2 project, and it's recommended by Siemens to use 7.2 as step between conversion to 7.5. I've done this with a 6.2 project to 7.5 for a customer (therefore I have no installation available) with 7.2 in between, and there were still some details which needed to be fixed by hand.