Help Create Program for this Process

Okay, so I noticed that in freesoftware9000's program there are 2 inputs on the counter. My LogixPro program only allows 1 input into the counter. Can someone please revise it so there's only 1 input into the counter instead of 2? This is what I have so far (view picture).

HelpMe.jpg

If I remove an input, I wouldn't know where to put it. Like I said, I'm a returning student and forgotten my prerequisites which is making this course difficult. I been driving 2 hours back and forth to get tutoring but its not offered everyday. Can someone help me please?

The reason his has 2 inputs and yours has only one is that the Siemens timers have a Reset input to the block. Now, it has been years since I've touched AB software, but IIRC, the AB uses a -<RES>- instruction, referenced to the timer or counter block address. You would only need a momentary input to that to reset it, or use the DN bit, and this would go on a separate rung. Look around in the instruction set under Timers and Counters.

EDIT: Looking at Rong 4, you already have a reset for your timer... do likewise for your counter.

Last edited:
Okay, so I noticed that in freesoftware9000's program there are 2 inputs on the counter. My LogixPro program only allows 1 input into the counter. Can someone please revise it so there's only 1 input into the counter instead of 2? This is what I have so far (view picture).
What you have posted so far is fine. If you can, please Zip and post your .rsl file too. I have the LogixPro software to view it on but can't quite read your post, (old eyes).

OK, so I added a new rung on the bottom to reset the timer. This looks good?

Note: Can't load the .rsl because I think its the school version.

Chapter8.jpg

Last edited:
Add a NO contact for your reset button in parallel with the Timer .DN contact on Rung 3 and you should have it (manual reset for the counter in addition to timer reset of the counter).

Give that a try.

I followed mbartolli and altered rung 3. Thank you for all the help guys! I altered rung 3 by adding a parallel branch and added a XIC input labeled I:1/3. Does this finally look correct?

Chapter8Q8.jpg

You are missing probably the most important part of your process, that being the gate solenoid. Currently your program counts up to a thousand and then waits for 2 seconds and then...

I feel that you need to understand your process better before straight up diving in and trying to program. Get a list of inputs and outputs before you do ANYTHING so you can know what tools you are working with.

Also, you are not utilizing the most useful feature of LogixPro, that being the fact that you can live test logic with simple light outputs and a variety of different switch types. Just "download" to the "PLC" and test away! Does it do what you want it to do? If yes, then awesome, you got it! If it doesn't, then identify where things are going wrong and attempt to correct them. Programming isn't ever multiple choice, it's a process.