Modbus Master to analog convertor

TheWaterboy

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
I have a temporary (yea right) need to provide a 4-20mA analog signal into a PLC5 from a new modbus only device. I can do this if I dedicate an ML1400 to it, but I'm looking for a small inexpensive din rail mounted convertor that can poll the modbus register and deliver mA output based on that value.
Only one I found so far this morning was a SCADALINK DC100 and that looks pricey.
I had an LTS6 from Laurel systems but it is a slave device and the meter can't be a master so that wont work.

Any suggestions?

I keep forgetting about them... Still might be a little bigger than I hoped. I'm looking at the micro800 series too. they were pretty cheap.
EDIT: well now those Clicks are not what I remember them being. nice compact little guys.

On the click on-board AOs, I believe they are all current sinking type instead of current sourcing. Just FYI as it may make it more difficult to connect to the PLC5

Thanks for the suggestions, most of the standalone ones are slaves only. I'm going to try the Click.

Thanks for the heads up about the AO. May have to use volt signal if that is a problem.

Thanks for the suggestions, most of the standalone ones are slaves only. I'm going to try the Click.

Thanks for the heads up about the AO. May have to use volt signal if that is a problem.

Ah yes. I did not fully/correctly read your first post. I was thinking you needed a slave/server.

Does this need to be RS232/RS485 or Ethernet?

The click expansion IO is current sourcing I do believe. So if you want to do 4-20MA you could go that route.