Small PLC program needed...HELP..

mkalavitz

Hello,

I am not sure if this forum has anyone who can create a simple Ladder Logic PLC program for me or not. If not, do you have any advice on a PLC Freelancer ?

This program has 3 outputs and 0 inputs. I have a Idec Micro3 controller and utilized WindLDR software to load the PLC...I don't have enough knowledge to create this program and do not currently have the time to learn it right now...

Please see the .PDF attachment for the outputs and time line.

I would like to get this ASAP as I have testing I want to start.

I look forward to your response and advice..

thx
Mike

Yes, I could do it. A quick shotgun approach would be to use 11 cascaded timers, each triggering the appropriate output and the next timer. I have a copy of Windldr.

Last edited:
Thanks Lancie1...How can we get it done? Here? Or email? You can get me something that I can pull up on WinLDR? How soon? What is it going to cost me $$

thx
Mike

I will do it here, and post the program as a ZIP file. The conditions are that I make no guarantee that I have interpreted your timing diagram correctly (or that I understand enough about what you are trying to do) to give you an exact working program. I will start work on it now and post it as soon as I finish.

Question 1: What "starts" the Test Loop? Do you want a Start Switch Input, or do you want it to start running and timing as soon as you run the program?

Question 2: The first thing WindLDR wants to know is what type of Micro3 PLC you are using (how many I/O): 6/4, 9/7, or 14/10?

Last edited:
I will install a toggle switch to start the test loop. When the toggle switch is off and turned back on, the program loop should start from the beginning again.

The Micro3 is a 9/7 I believe (Type FC2A-C16A1)

Does this get you what you need?

Thanks a BUNCH!!

Yes, that is enough to start. I will use Input 0 for the Start Switch. I will get back here with it as soon as I can.

Here is a Micro3 WindLDR program for you. It is zipped, so download, save, then unzip it. I added an output 4 that says "Test Finished". You do not have to use it.

Check the "Configure", "PLC Selection" menu. I set it, but it is acting flaky, sometimes reverting back to the default.

I attached a PDF version also.

Last edited:
Thanks Lancie1...

I loaded the PLC and it seems to be good...I am trying to follow the logic...The only question that I have is how do I get it to loop every three hours? Can I somehow use T11 for the loop?

thx
Mike

Also....

Obviously I am a rookie here...I run the thing on the bench and the outs seem to be firing fine...But, I am not getting any voltage at the terminals...Am I missing a setting? I am expecting 24VDC out when the outputs fire..I must be missing something..

thx
Mike

Mike,

I can add another timer to make it "repeat cycle" every 3 hours. Is there 3 hours plus the 366 seconds of output action, or every 3 hours do you want to start a new cycle?

If the Outputs are going On, but you have no voltage, then re-check your wiring. You may not have a 24VDC supply wired to the Output Common terminal. According to the Micro3 Users Manual, for a Source Input, the 24 VDC internal supply should be wired to the DC In Common terminal.

Last edited:
There should be a terminal on the unit where you'll need to connect 24VDC to supply the output power. I'm not familiar with that device, so can't tell you exactly which terminal it is...

Without having that hooked up, you're right - the outputs are firing, but they're switching nothing...

EDIT: I've downloaded the manual. I don't know exactly which module you're using, but the terminal you're needing is labeled as the COM port for the appropriate output point.

Last edited:
Start a new cycle every thee hours....three hours of time between cycles...It is not too critical for my testing......

Ah...yes on the output voltage...I will have a closer look...I don't have the PLC in front of me...

Thanks a bunch for the help...what can I do to get even?

I will give this new code program (after you upload it) a run this Friday...I will be out of the office tomorrow..

thx
Mike

Okay, I will set up a Clock function to handle the 3 hour cycle.

To get even, you merely have to help someone else!

Mike,

Here is Revision 2, with a 3-hour clock added to control the cycle.

Last edited:
Mike,

Rung 16 of Revision 2 should be deleted. Here is another version. I am sorry it took so long. Now I have written exactly one Windldr program!