Quick Designer HMI Software

Go to your local GEIP dealer and a get a demo CD of Proficy Machine Edition. The demo software will run for 4 days and you can re-install it for another four. PME runs on the modern PC operating systems and it does almost everything that QuickDesigner does plus a lot more it even imports .prj files from QD 3.7 also it uses the same cables.

Quick Designer 3.7 trial

Does anyone have the QD 3.7 trial version?
I have to make some changes to an HMI but cannot find the trial version to use.
The old rapidshare link does not exist anymore?

Help!!!!!

Quick Panel Jr files

Hello All. I also have a Quick Panel file that I can not open, but need the data. Would anyone mind doing a printout for me? I just need the data as I am replacing these Quick Panels with new HMIs.

Does anyone have QuickDesigner Trial or even link to GE to buy it?? I used the client's ProficyME software for 1 little alarm addition but now the operator is unhappy with it saying it looks all different? im gonna contact GE shortly if i cant smooth it over with Proficy ME and the operator. Thanks

This GE part number shows as still active: $624 USD
QDA-EDT-001/L QuickDesigner Lite (download cable NOT included)

But I have used both and can think of nothing that one can do with QuickDesigner that can't be done with Proficy ME View for QuickPanel.

For a download cable go to www.plccable.com

Last edited:
I Have a cable from Geniusintraining already, works great. I found that the PID loop tuning screens with live trending, were messing up bc some things overlapped after the conversion. I have fixed that, waiting for the operator to come here and make sure he is happy. Just kind of wanted a backup plan, this operator is very "sticky" Thank you very Much RussB

Have you noticed Changes in apparences of things when you convert it into ProficyME?? I know on the color models things looked a little different color. this one tho is monochrome

Depending on the version of PME being used the text font and size sometimes does not match exactly. In newer versions of PME it uses Fonts that are very close to the ones used by QD.
wEtF8beQmA5BwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

These should be on your computer as added by the PME View install.

Fonts.png

Last edited:
after using ProficyME (v7.0) the panel seemed to be very slow. some things looked different and overlapped. I ended up talking to my GE distributer and got Quickdesigner and went that route. it is faster again. no glitches. and the operator is happy again. I don't know why but it just didn't seem to like it. Thanks again RussB