Machine uptime and downtime tracking

jtashaffer

I am using studio 5000 and Compactlogix controllers. I am wanting to track uptime and downtime on 3 different machines. It is setup already but it is done using GSV instructions. There seems to be issues with the setup and doesn't appear to be accurate. I want to try to setup it with out using this GSV instructions and use timers. The original setup was done by a outside source. How do you guys track uptime and downtime accurately.

2-12hr shifts (24hrs). Uptime and downtime per 12 shift. As far as the GSV instructions the processor is getting minor error from this setup. I want to have a setup more simplified to track uptime and downtime and see if I can stop the processor minor errors.

We also have two 12 hour shifts. I use two retentive timer with a 60000 preset time. On completion it increments an uptime/downtime minutes counter. Very simple and allows me to view/edit the info if needed.

I use the information to send out shift reports to the managers. The runtime + downtime minutes is 718 minutes (2 minutes short of 12 hours) due to the timers not completing. It's a general report and doesn't need to be more accurate than that.

Only have a minute until lunch is over so I just wrote out the ladder logic. In studio 5000 just copy paste the below lines and define the variables.

downtime:
BST XIO Machine_is_Running RTO downtime_timer 60000 0 NXB XIC downtime_timer.DN ADD downtime_min 1 downtime_min RES downtime_timer BND

uptime:
BST XIC Machine_is_Running RTO uptime_timer 60000 0 NXB XIC uptime_timer.DN ADD uptime_min 1 uptime_min RES uptime_timer BND