You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old April 11th, 2019, 02:42 AM   #1
garethmjohns
United Kingdom

Crimson 3.1 Emulator

I'm late to the party here but have changed PC's and started a new project for a graphite display with crimson 3.1. I have now tried to use the panel emulator and the option is greyed out. I've done some reading and the only thing I have come across is one thread suggesting the function is no longer active but I find that hard to believe.

Is there a global setting I have missed? On 3.0 it just worked from the outset.
Old April 11th, 2019, 03:14 AM   #2
BryanG
United Kingdom

The emulator hasn't yet made it in to Crimson 3.1, so it isn't currently available. Originally there wasn't even a button for it, at least we do now have a button even though it doesn't yet do anything.
Old April 11th, 2019, 07:14 AM   #3
OkiePC
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

With a Graphite, you can still develop in 3.0 and use the emulator. Then use 3.1 and import your work. You can do this with other hardware too, even if your target platform will end up being a CR series, but you will have to start with a graphite (of the same size or close to it) and then do a hardware conversion before your completed work can be transferred to a CR series HMI.
Old July 19th, 2019, 07:37 AM   #4
Brijm
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

I do miss the emulator. It is very useful especially for testing scripting, before you have an HMI. I hope they have plans to make this work again.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum