How to use Macros or Tags to fill Numeric Display?

earlgray

This is my first post everyone so don't rip me to shreds if I mess up.

I am currently using Factorytalk View ME. I am attempting to click a map display button that goes to a numbered map pop-up similar to the picture I posted. From there I should be able to click a numbered state and that number fill into a numeric display on the original display the map button was on.

I know I can use a Got to display button to get a map pop- up , but how do I get that number to fill into the a numeric display?

P.S This is my second day using this software

usmapnum.gif

It may be possible to set up your numbered map, so that any press of the numbered area has a hidden button that writes that value to an integer file. Within the PLC monitor that integer file, so that any change in value from current value would change the PLC Screen Number, back to your parent graphic. Under "Global Connections"-"Display" are control tags to which assign variables from your PLC to control the PanelView.

I am interested in doing this completely through the HMI software. ALso if I do it through global connections I can only do 10 states I need at least 40.

There are at least a few different ways. I think option 1 is your easiest choice.
In all cases, write the value to a memory HMI tag.

1) The map should be on a pop-up (OnTop) display, then use the Close button with the Write On Close feature for each state's button.

2) Use the Interlocked push button to set a value in the tag, for each state. You could also use the "on" state of the button to have a border highlight. That way the user knows which state was selected.

3) If the map is a Replace type display, then it's difficult. Either you'd be using parameters and 50 HMI tags, or an activeX and 50 HMI tags.
dburnum's idea can also work here, using HMI memory tags, Remote Macro and Remote Display Number.

On a side note, your touch buttons in the Northeast are going to be very small; tough to press. You may want to make the buttons all equal size, and then put them in the general location of the state (not actual size/location, but close enough).

I personally like option 2 that arlenjacobs described. I think you could just use a hidden numeric input enable button with a numeric display. While it doesn't allow you to click the map like you want, the Northeast states will be difficult because of their size anyways. The highlighting of each state would be a good idea but will be painful using polylines.