S7 314-2DP + Micromaster 420

mitar

My configuration is:
S7 314-2DP + Micromaster 420 connect via Profibus

I'm new in thise area and any help will be usefull...
I know that I can "talk" with Micromaster via SFC 14 and SFC 15. But...

How can I switch Micromaster from jog to normal mode and vice versa ??
I don't understand; if my digital inputs are conigured, for example first for give to motor speed1, second for give speed2, and third for speed3,
how can I than work in jog mode ??? Or I must reconfigured dig. inputs before I put MM in j. mod.

Thanks,..

mitar

If you are 'talking' to the drive via profibus, you do not need to use the digital inputs, you can write directly to control word 1 and 2. Control word 1 gives you the 'digital' control of the drive, such as Off, enable, run, jog left and jog right, to name a few and control word 2 is your speed reference.

You don't need to use SFC14 and 15 for this operation, you can just read and write directly to the drive, using PIW and PQW. That has been discussed here before, you could search this site for that.

There is file in the download area of this site that gives you an example of controlling a drive via profibus, JRW uploaded it I think.

Paul

Thank you, Plucas

I will try that...

But , now only theoreticaly, (if I haven't profibas), will than I always must reconfigure inputs for switch betwen mode ?

Is it wrong if I use SFC 14 and SFC 15 ?

Thanks for example too, I will go to find it now...

Mitar

Originally posted by Mitar

But , now only theoreticaly, (if I haven't profibas), will than I always must reconfigure inputs for switch betwen mode ?

That would depend on how many digital inputs you have availiable on the drive and what you are doing with them.

Originally posted by Mitar

Is it wrong if I use SFC 14 and SFC 15?

No, it is not wrong to use SFC14 and 15, you can use these if you want, these will give you more than 4 bytes of consistency, if you need to send the drive more than 4 bytes. Most of the time you will only be writing to control word 1 and control word 2, which is a total of 4 bytes, so the Load and Transfer functions will give you enough consistency for this operation.

I you search this forum for the keyword SFC14, you will get a couple of hits where this has been discussed before.

Paul

Thanks again...

I will work on program tomorrow because
tonight is football, that is more important. :)

But before football, I was thinking about all of that that I was heard from you and in my head it is not clean all

Look,...

I know how will I setup MM420 via Hardware configuration (In Step7). I know , when I setup mm420 i will get default input and output adresses from which I can «talk» with drive.(Is this true ?). Then on that adress I must (via program) send combination of bits which represents Control word 1 or Control word 2.
If that is true first question is... How drive know which Control word I was send.(where I must say to him this is Control word 1 and this is Control word 2)..

And if I want change parametars in drive I can do that on that adress too ????

Am I going in right direction ??

Hello Mitar;
You seem a little confused about the basics of drive comms over Profibus. I suggest you download a manual from the Siemens website (www4.ad.siemens.de) called "Profibus communications with CB15/CB155 communication module". Do not concern yourself with the hardware part of the manual, but study chapter 5, "Commisionning". It describes PPOx comm. structure, access to control words 1 and 2, and parameter changing (this is where you will need SFC 14 and 15, as you will write a consistent telegram of 4 words).
The ID number of the manual is 7052355 (it makes search easier on the Siemens website).

Hope thios helps,
Daniel Chartier

Thanks for help...

I red that, but when I look at different PPO types in diagram, in explanation says: first word of PZD data can be use as Control word 1. Question is where is Control word 2 ???
Is it second word ???

Second question...
I work for example with PPO1.
In my hardware configuration I set up my drive and there is address
range for PKW part; 256-263 and 264-267 for PZD.
Question is when I put data in that area for example I want read P0700 parametar from Micromaster. Will I put data only in PKW part (12BC 0000 0000 0000) or I must fill PKW and PZD part ???

The PKW area is for parameter reading/writing. That usually isn't needed, and when using micromasters, I don't often include it.

The PZD area is the actual "Drive control/Status" data.

Depending on how you have the hardware configured, you may be able to directly read and write the PZD area. In your case, with two words, the first word (two bytes) are the control word (output area) and the second two are the main reference (output area). In the input area, they are drive standard status word (first two bytes), and drive main actual value word (second two bytes).

Word 264 (bytes 264/265) = control word
Word 266 (bytes 266/267) = Primary reference

One problem you may run into, is that I'm pretty sure the S7 and drive use different byte ordering; That is, DRIVE control word bit 0 is actually bit 0 of word 265. DRIVE control word bit 15 is actually bit 7 of word 264.

The other thing, is that yes, you must tell the drive to take it's control sourse from Profibus, and you MUST set bit 10 in the control word to enable profibus control of the drive.

Good luck

**edit.. Corrected MSB/LSB... I think, It's early, and I'm tired.

Last edited:
First , thank you for helping me...

But, look what is my problem,. I red on this form that you might "talk" with drive via Control word 1 and Control word 2. Via CW 1 you can tell to start, stop, change direction,...and via CW 2 to change speed. Control Word 1 is first word of PZD part , and if I want to send Control Word 1 I will put data on 264 and 265 byte (of course, on output area).

But now I want to change speed (with Control Word 2) where I can put that data (in my configuration; 256-263 for PKW and 264-267 for PZD) ???

And I don't know for second word (Primary reference) what is for.
Can you suggest me some manual whitch explain that.

Hello mitar;
Control word 2 is the speed reference setpoint for Micromaster drives.
The easiest way to understand how it works is to look at it this way:

-a value of Hex 4000 in the Control word 2 means 100% of the maximum speed parameter of the drive
-a value of Hex 2000 in the Control word 2 means 50% of the maximum speed parameter
-a value of Hex 1000 in the Control word 2 means 25% of the maximum speed parameter
-try other numerical values to see how it affects the drive.
So, if your maximum speed has been parametrized at 60 Hertz, writing a value of Hex 2000 to Control word 2 will order the drive to run at 30 Hz.
In your example, use a MOVE (or Load/Transfer) instruction to write w#16#2000 to PQW266 for 30 Hz operation. Then change the value to w#16#4000 for 60 Hz; then w#16#5000 for 75 Hz, then w#16#0 to stop the drive....

Combine thhis with different values of Control Word 1 to change rotation direction, start and stop the drive... This way you can set patterns of motion for your drive.

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

hi guys,

I just have a question, If I want to connect my s7 200 to the mm420 , which cable do I need ? can I creat my own cable ? :rolleyes:

thanks.
cheers 🍺

This is for Farid:
Comms on the MM4 drives is RS-485.
You can use Profibus connectors and cable for your application; if you decide to build yopur own cable (staight cable, DB9 ends, pins 3, 8 and 5 connected) you will have to install termination resistors. Have a look at Siemens' recomendations for comms between a S7-200 CPU and a Micromaster drive: entry ID: 12462264 on Siemens' website: www4.ad.siemens.de
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

thanks Daniel, your help was very helpful..

cheers:beer:

lol the entry ID isn't working :D

Last edited: