L35E - Controller Date changing

JosephMont

I am utilizing the Day of the week AOI by RA and it utilizes the date/time from the controller. This PLC never shuts down so I think the battery being bad is out of the question. I think with it never being restarted, it eliminates the booting off the memory card as well.

It has not seen any major faults in the period of time this issue has happened.

What I am noticing as well is it is only changing the year. The year will move to 2117.

Any help is appreciated.

You are running 20.011 (20 major, 11 minor) and your revision is directly affected by the anomaly that is addressed in 20.019 (20 major, 19 minor)

Your AOI has nothing to do wit this.

update:

I got the idea to set the date utilizing the Panel View date. I planned to use the SSV instruction but I can not get the date data from the PV to the PLC. I am utilizing factorytalk View. I setup the tags in the global connections. I did see how if you have it setup to remote you need to pulse the remote date and time bit, but seen no reference needing to this to retrieve it.

I made the tag in the controller as a read write, What am I missing?

Follow Sound Advice or Throw the Dice!...

Contr_Conn said:
See technote 629159
there is a known anomaly, corrected in v20.019 of the firmware

JosephMont said:
I did see that tech note but I am running 20.11, It should have been fixed?

Contr_Conn said:
You are running 20.011 (20 major, 11 minor) and your revision is directly affected by the anomaly that is addressed in 20.019 (20 major, 19 minor)...

JosephMont said:
update...

Hi Joseph,

With respect to Contr_Conn, and their sound and accurate advice, have you any "update", or response to it? It appears as though you are totally ignoring this good advice, or you just do not understand what they are explaining to you?

If you do understand, but you do not wish, or currently cannot flash the controller firmware beyond r20.011, which should resolve your issue, then it would be more polite to thank Contr_Conn for their suggestion and inform them of your intention to seek another course of action.

I would strongly advise you to consider flash upgrading your L35E controller from r20.011 to the latest r20 firmware to resolve this issue, which is r20.019.

JosephMont said:
...I got the idea to set the date utilizing the Panel View date. I planned to use the SSV instruction but I can not get the date data from the PV to the PLC. I am utilizing factorytalk View. I setup the tags in the global connections. I did see how if you have it setup to remote you need to pulse the remote date and time bit, but seen no reference needing to this to retrieve it.

I made the tag in the controller as a read write, What am I missing?

You are just making work for yourself. The "Remote Date and Time" Global Connection for the PanelView terminals is designed to update the terminal's internal clock from the controller's "WALLCLOCKTIME" object. It is not designed to update the controller's WALLCLOCKTIME from the terminal's internal clock. You are barking up the wrong tree here, in many ways.

There are ways to get the terminal's date and time, and read them into the controller, and then write them to the WALLCLOCKTIME, but I'm not inclined to get into all that, in this particular case. I would not think it good advice in your situation.

Again, the best advice that I, along with Contr_Conn and I'm sure many others here, can give you is to flash upgrade that firmware.

Regards,
George

I understand the explanation of why it is doing it from the tech note posted and upgrading the firmware at the moment is not an option.

I appreciate the knowledge from everyone on this site and the help that is provided.

I was just trying to think outside of the box for solving my date issue and came up with that as a solution. I am a little to green to know if it was a good idea or not but I found other people have synced the date for the controller from the PV so I did not think it was a bad practice.