Please HELP!!!!!

wallace scott

hi there....

im a very new member in this forum, .. and i got i big problem with plc's...

im a student doin mechanical engineering. ... and i got this plc assignment which i really dont know what to do about it ....

just need ur help and a bit of advice ....

i got 4 application to do using any plc method ...

Company Solutions Required
These are the tasks you have been set by the Managing Director.

First Application
The first exercise is a control of a fan unit A fan is to be started and stopped from any one of three locations. Each location has a start and stop button. Produce a program which will operate such a system. Demonstrate the operation using switches as inputs.

Second Application
Develop a program which controls temperature of a room. There are four thermostats in the room. The system operates with three heating units. The thermostats are set at 16, 19, 22 and 25 oC. Below 16 oC, all three heaters are to be on. A temperature between 16 and 19 oC two heaters are to be on. For 19 to 22 oC, only one heater is to be on. Above 25 oC a safety switch turns the system on and off. Program the PLC to achieve this.

Third/Fourth Applications
A single conveyor unit is a common application in industry for sorting items as they travel along a conveyor system. Your company manufacturers two different sized metal boxes. These are placed in turn at the start of the conveyor. As the box travels along the conveyor it enters the sorting area. Here sensors detect the box and through the program controlling the single conveyor, the box is either accepted and allowed to continue or rejected by the solenoid.

Task 3
Implement a solution that will accept the first box type (long or short) on the conveyor and reject the other type. When five of the first type has passed the system should then accept three of the other type. The system will then reset and begin again.

Task 4
Implement a solution that will accept the first box type on the conveyor and reject the other. When two have passed the system must wait for a minute until anymore of the required type are accepted.

i know its a very basic ones .... but still i dont know nothing about them ..... really trying hard to programme any .,....... please share ur knowledge .. :(

Click on the "Learn PLCS" at the top of the page, after you've completed that, do as much as you can for assignment #1.

People on the forum will not do your work for you, but will help you if you give it your best effort. So...go ahead and try to write the logic for the first assignment, then post what you have done so far, someone will help you overcome any problems.

Ken

Click on the "Learn PLCS" at the top of the page, after you've completed that, do as much as you can for assignment #1.

People on the forum will not do your work for you, but will help you if you give it your best effort. So...go ahead and try to write the logic for the first assignment, then post what you have done so far, someone will help you overcome any problems.

Ken

thanx alot ken ....

i didnt mean my work to be done by the members ......

as u said .... just correct me when i do any mistakes ...

anyways .... ill be back in couple of days ... a bit busy with other assignment.