S7 Protool Job 40?

Redkill

Hi there!

For the moment I`m working on a program that needs the date and time from Protool(PC-clock) to S7-300. Therefore I made a Date/Time-areapointer. Date and time should be send to DB19 in the PLC. But this doensn`t work. To make it work I needed to use a Job 40 according to the Protool-usermanual. I already made a jobmailbox-areapointer in protool and assigned DB14 to it, I set refresh at 15 seconds. But I still don`t get my date and time in DB19. My question is: What do I have to write in DB14 to make this work? What am I doing wrong?

Greetz

Last edited:
Do you have enough space in your DB ?
Protool DT format occupies 12 bytes, Step7 DT format 8 bytes.
So if you defined variable of S7 DT format in your DB to which the area pointer is assigned, it wouldn't work.
I mddr Siemens. But I love it. :D

You were right. I changed it like you said but it still doesn`t work. I only get 0`s in my DB. If someone has any experience with this kind of Protool-time to PLC action. Please help me.

I think it is job 41 to transfer OP data/time to plc.
OP hours will be in DBW14, minutes in DBB15 (BCD!!)