Sysmac c200hx

Would you happen to know if there is memory that is specifically reserved for the servo pack and the Omron? Since I have no descriptions of any kind, I am trying to isolate where data may be getting transferred from the PLC to the Servo pack.

Would you happen to know if there is memory that is specifically reserved for the servo pack and the Omron? Since I have no descriptions of any kind, I am trying to isolate where data may be getting transferred from the PLC to the Servo pack.

The Motion card (CS1W-MC421) communications via hard wire with the Yaskawa servo pack. The memory areas used between the MC card and the PLC can be found in the MC card manual:
W359-E1-04, Section 5-1, page 226 to 234. and more Section 5-3, page 248 to 260.

The above paragraph assumes we are talking about a CS1W-MC421 card in the CS1G PLC

If your system has a C200H-MC421 card in the CS1G PLC, you must convert memory areas. (C200H-MC421 is an extremely old card)
See Manual W339-E1-15A Section 9-3, page 412.

In both types of motion cards, the memory areas will also be dependent on the "unit #" (also called "Mach #"). The unit number assigned by the system designer (rotary switch on front of MC card) to the Motion card (special I/O card) If the unit # is "0" than the manual spells out the memory areas clearly. Info on unit # in Manual W359-E1-04, Section 2-1, Page 103.

Hope this helps

The Motion card (CS1W-MC421) communications via hard wire with the Yaskawa servo pack. The memory areas used between the MC card and the PLC can be found in the MC card manual:
W359-E1-04, Section 5-1, page 226 to 234. and more Section 5-3, page 248 to 260.

The above paragraph assumes we are talking about a CS1W-MC421 card in the CS1G PLC

If your system has a C200H-MC421 card in the CS1G PLC, you must convert memory areas. (C200H-MC421 is an extremely old card)

In both types of motion cards, the memory areas will also be dependent on the "unit #" (also called "Mach #"). The unit number assigned by the system designer (rotary switch on front of MC card) to the Motion card (special I/O card) If the unit # is "0" than the manual spells out the memory areas clearly. Info on unit # in Manual W359-E1-04, Section 2-1, Page 103.

Hope this helps

It does, thank you.

This is what the project shows:
Omron MC421.jpg

CS1W-MC421
CIO Area 2000-2049
DM Area D20000-D20499
Unit or Machine Number setting is 0.

This would be the addressing for the MC421.

gtsuport

Would you happen to know what memory would be allocated for this NT device also? I have been trying to open it with CX designer but not having much luck so I started pushing buttons and watching the ladder. I am unfamiliar with the data types in Omron......such as "W" and some have no alpha characters at all, simply floating decimal point, as inputs. Thx