Mitsi equivalent of data blocks

Johnny T

I'm writing a piece of code that will control a few servo motors on a frame. The motors have to get to a set of X, Y co-ordinates dependant on what product type is selected on the machine.

I know how to approach this with Siemens, as I'd have a separate Data Block for each product type and put all the relevant co-ords etc in there. Then I'd call the relevant data block dependant on what product type was selected.

However, the customer has spec'ed Mitsubishi. I'm using GX developer but I'm not really clued up on mitsi. I've done simple fault finding and simple program writing in the past but I've never stored values and retrieved them etc.

I just wondered what the Mitsubishi equivalent to a data block is? Or, in other words, where do you store values in Mitsi?

Thanks for any help you can give me...

Cheers

JT :)

Data is kept in D registers

Depending on the model, depends how many D's you get

---[MOV K0 D0] means move 0 into data register D0

Again depending on which model, you can have 1 or some index registers (V)

--[MOV K5 V] means move 5 into the index register (if the model only has 1 v index)

Then --[MOV K0 D0V] means move 0 into D0+5 places (D6)

Just to get you started

IF you say which model, I can be more exact :)

Goody, thanks for the info mate.

It will probably be an FX-1N. Is there any way to split up the D registers as you can with Siemens data blocks.

Or are they all lumped together like D0 - D256 or whatever?

Also, what info can a D number hold? Is it 16 bits, that can be addressable or does it just hold an Integer or something?

Cheers :)

Yes, they are all lumped together from D0 to D7999 in this case.
(the number of registers can also be extended past 8000 with the use of file registers but these are at the cost of programming steps)

They are all 16 bit registers but can be doubled up to make 32 bit registers by using the D prefix (confusing maybe) for double word

ie --[DMOV D0 D10] = DOUBLE-WORD MOVE D0-D1 TO D10-D11

The way I split them up if I need lots of recipes etc (depending on size of course) is every 50th D register I mark the header in comments that the next 50 D's are for this recipe and so on.....