mitsubishi FX1N function

walters

we want to use a FX1N to control diferent solid state relays.
for this we want to use a pulse width moduslation witch can be programmed (according to some info i found on the net) with FNC158.
did someone have ever worked with this funstion before and can you explain how this works. or has someone ever developped an other way to program a PWM with mitsubishi??
hope you guys can help me with this
regards walters

Although I have never used the PWM instruction, a quick read through did not show any difficulties.

Firstly you say you want to use several (or different) SSR's. You can only use 1 instance of PWM per program scan.
And you can only use output Y0 or Y1

The instruction looks like this; --[PWM D0 K50 Y0]--

Where the data register D0 is the length of the pulse (in milliseconds) and K50 is the interval between pulses.

i wish it was that easy cause in a time period of 50 msec we have to control the solid state. ie when we say the plc must control the solid state at 75% we got to have a pulsing signal of 37.5 msec devided over the 50 msec period.
usually we use a euarotherm 2500 for this aplication but because it is an expensive device and it takes long before it gets to our company when ordered we must use an alternative. so we use a PLC

Hey Yall never Done any PWM but have used in conjunction with mits PLC's the E series HMI's to do PID control for mod valves and solid state relays in the process enviroment!! the bonus with useing the HMI you can set up recipies to quickly change the way you are controlling the solid state relays and do allsorts of things without haveing to get your laptop out worth looking in to and wouldn't cost a great deal!

i have found the function for PWM now but now i have to find a way to calculate the time between 2 pulses cause other wise the solid stte are off too long if i have a nice formula to calculate that time i think i have the job finished

regards walters