Plc

I agree with Mike.

Let this silly thing die a merciful death. And the cat bit is kinda sicko.

As Officer of Sarcasm I request Phil to free up server space

Rod

ROD said:
Let this silly thing die a merciful death. And the cat bit is kinda sicko. As Officer of Sarcasm I request Phil to free up server space

Now, it you would have visited my Virus Site, that wouldn't be a problem, now would it?

Perhaps a poll is in order.....Should Phil end this thread?

Yes, a poll is will go up!

regards.....kc

Last edited:
A message to the Development guys...

Hi guys! What is the status on the "Think-Reactor"?

Oh yeah, by the way, Beer, Pizza and a Cigar-Smoke this evening out back, you know, the usual place!

And of course, just to get it on the record, please be careful driving home. You KNOW that S&M will cover fines only up to to 100-bucks!

So... "Be Smart - Don't be a ****! Be COOL!"

Damn! I think we now have a company motto!

Originally posted by Terry Woods
Oh yeah, by the way, Beer, Pizza and a Cigar-Smoke this evening out back, you know, the usual place!
Smoke and Mirrors Inc.,

Just curious if the extra funds we've invested has been helping in the progression of the "Extractor Project" you're doing for our company??

I know it is money well spent for us and you guys will truly use it wisely.

thanks again,

Flee Z Electro III
Technology Manager
Electro Extractors Plus

Last edited:
Back to the cat

Hmmm... I've been doing some further reading and research on the cat/toast-powered system which was introduced at post #178 (my, wasn't that a long time ago?) and it appears there's a lot more to this than I knew at the time. Above all, it must be good science because I've discovered someone has worked out a formula for it. And if that ain't proof then what is?

Apparently one of the breakthroughs in research was that the toast was unnecessary. A number of other materials were tested (crackers, bread, etc) and it was found that the principle held true regardless of the butter substrate. This led to the development of the first DBC (directly buttered cat) which eliminated variability in toast attachment, area etc.

Obviously the fine balance between the cat and the butter hitting the floor first was dependent on the floor covering as well. For example an easily cleaned surface lifted the butter-first probability undesirably. Similarly it was found that the applied substance didn't have to be butter. Other materials with higher and lower affinities for the floor were developed and tested. Taking the floor covering to be a general carpet material of some sort produced the core formula -

P = Sp * (Ts / Tc)

where the variables are -

P = probability of substance impacting the carpet first
Sp = Permanent Stain Index of chosen substance
Ts = Tone Index of substance
Tc = Tone Index of carpet

'Sp' is a normalised value and natural values vary considerably. Chilli Con Carne, Chicken Tikka Massala and bitumen have all been tested with high Sp. Distilled water has an Sp of zero. No substances have yet been discovered with negative Sp.

The two T characteristics are also important. Although Chilli Con Carne has a high Sp, applying this to a similarly toned carpet produces a weak field effect. The resulting stain is not sufficiently obvious or permanent.

Since cats always land on their feet, we need to ensure that the 'P' in this equation is as high as possible to ensure the perfect balance.

So far, the lowest Tc has been measured in pure-white virgin lambs-wool carpeting. Among the several candidates for highest Ts, we may choose the Chilli or Chicken Tikka. It has actually been found that some substances (like bitumen, axle grease, or canine excrement) which would appear to have better Ts potential actually lose out due to their texture and consistency: they do not spread sufficiently and are too well behaved in a spill. Chilli and Chicken Tikka have been found to have excellent scatter characteristics which enhances their Ts rating.

So now we have it. Cats smeared with chilli being dropped on to white carpets. It's the future boys, and you'd better get used to it.

Ken

Take a dead cat... butter his back... toss him in the air... he will always land on his back (or there abouts).

Take a live cat... butter his back... toss him in the air... you can now take your time to get and apply bandaids to yourself where necessary... take all the time you need... 'cause that cat ain't never gonna land!

Now the only way that I can see gettin' any power out of that kitty-whirly-gig is to apply an anal/oral shaft through that feline power-generator (you had better stock up on a whole bunch of bandaids!).

A pair of round magnets, one mounted on each end of the shaft, strategically located.

A set of magnets appropriately designed and located so as to provide a magnetic bearing support for the magnets on the shaft.

If the magnets are properly placed, and the load properly balanced, a separate magnet assembly can be mounteed on the end of the shaft.

Once the buttered cat is tossed and reaches equilibrium (in terms of height), the magnet assembly will be rotating smartly about the axis. A generator winding assembly can be moved over the end of the shaft in alignment with the rotating magnet assembly. Viola!

Now, we all know there is no such thing as perpetual motion. The same is true in this case. Sooner or later, the cat is gonna starve to death (probably sooner, 'cause he's probably been puking alot).

So, just like car engines need gas to keep going, this cat is gonna need food to stay alive, and thus keep this phenomenon alive.

So... without stopping the process, how are we gonna feed the dyna-cat?

I don't buy the IV idea, but... if the shaft is hollow, and there are holes through the shaft, from side to side, where the holes are positioned to align with the stomach or intestines, then we could connect a rotating connector to the end of the shaft and connect a hose to a time-controlled, liquid-diet pump!

BRILLIANT!

As some of you folks know, I have been working on getting a patent on a new design for an Anaerobic Biodigester Tank, and it's assocated systems. It looks like, after 3 years of work, I may be just weeks away from having that piece of paper in my big mitt.
My pilot plant should be up and running in time to get me off the power grid within the next few months, as well as providing all the heat for our home. I will post some photos when it is up and running, just thought it would be fun to update ya'll and also see if anyone has made any progress on the S&M projects that were pending.

We still need to clear the bar tab...the intrest rates are killing me.
David:beerchug:

Old thread alert i know

Hi Guys,

Was reading this thread yesterday

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=58353&highlight=fun

which sent me to this one, wow talk about hot air, but such a fun thread. I started reading it my lunch break, finished at home last night, my "off time". My wife thought I was crazy, I was laughing so much, just what we need after a stressful day at work.

I wonder if abdurazzak ever did find his "fine ladder"

To David, congrats, I read a while ago you did get your patent