PWM for PID

Koncarevac

Hi, I have a problem. I am supposed to control gas flow by an automatic motor driven valve. The valve receives 2 input signals, impulses for open and close respectively. I am using a PLC Function Blocks diagrams for the ABB RTU560. There is an analog PID FB, but I need to process its analog output control signal to get a three position control signal. The thing I need is a PWM block, which I don’t have implemented in the PLC.

Does some one have an answer to my problems? A hint how to make my own PWM block?

PWM is farily straightforward.
Run a base timer that resets itself for a time period, say 1 second.
Scale the PID output to 0-1 seconds, so if it's 12 bit output, 0-4095, then divide the PID OUTPUT by 409.5
Move the result into the preset value of a second timer.
Reset the second timer with the first timer done bit.
Now the output of the 2nd timer will be a % of the first based on the PID output.

PID Control for Gas Burner

I have Motorized valve Gas Burner (open and close) i want to control with PLC PID Control with RTD input and close and open relay, motor full open to close time is 30sec please suggest the logic to control.